• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Gob

International Coach
Pretty moronic post though. Never heard of Younis ****ing Khan?
Yes. Great player especially against spin bowling on deteriorating wickets. Not someone I would particularly signal out as a great player against swing bowling

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes. Great player especially against spin bowling on deteriorating wickets. Not someone I would particularly signal out as a great player against swing bowling
You said any kind of moving ball.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I think he was cleared of those charges. And honestly, you need Yasir in your XI, forget reserves. Its a proper Catch 22 for you guys. Your best bowlers in the main squad are seamers and the late winter/early spring conditions should aid swing over there in Pak this time of the year. And yet, you don't wanna give Aussies a sniff.

The one thing that is in your favor is that Aus pretty much suck against swing bowling too, like most other sides in world cricket. And Pak actually handle swing pretty well as they have shown with their record in England and decent enough performances over the years in NZ. So if you guys go for those sort of wickets, which is pretty easy to do this time of the year, there is a good chance for your guys to win this series and even win it handily.
Pakistan pretty much have been getting destroyed in NZ since 2011 so there's that. They are good against swing but poor vs seam movement off the deck.

Rawalpindi test is best chance for Australia as pitch has little bit of pace & carry in it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
personal dire defensive crap
Interesting definition of all those words there, given I was genuinely asking you if you have seen them bat outside of the time they toured Australia. Coz they have been doing well in England all through the noughties. And have usually done better than other SC teams in NZ.

But hey, continue the tears. :laugh:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Yeah but feel they still do better than SL or Ind against NZ (cant say BD now, can I :p )...
India did bad only in recent tour. Plus we never get to play in Mount or even Hamilton much. We were much better in 2014. Pakistan's record prior to 2011 is stellar in NZ though. I'd say their batsman are good in terms of batting time & have better defence than Indian batsman.

Gob

International Coach
Interesting definition of all those words there, given I was genuinely asking you if you have seen them bat outside of the time they toured Australia. Coz they have been doing well in England all through the noughties. And have usually done better than other SC teams in NZ.

But hey, continue the tears. :laugh:
You weren't

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Neser just exited Marsh Cup game

Side strain is 6 weeks
'The nightmare 24 hours for Australia continues' according to the inflamed Fox Sports headline. Ignoring the fact it allows them to pick Richardson (if they ignore 'bowling loads' who is a better Test bowler right now.

Spark

Global Moderator
'The nightmare 24 hours for Australia continues' according to the inflamed Fox Sports headline. Ignoring the fact it allows them to pick Richardson (if they ignore 'bowling loads' who is a better Test bowler right now.
I think Richardson isn’t considered up to the fitness standard for a full Test tour tbh; it seems like this shin problem is persistent.

Burgey

I don’t know that Neser would have much of an impact in Pakistan tbh, but it’s still a shame he’s injured of course.

Also a bit a surprised to see a thread about australia touring Pakistan turning to a discussion about how india has performed in nz over the past decade or so.

Burgey

You asking me if I have seen Pakistan playing non Australian teams is a genuine question? Really? Give me a break. Its your usual bigotry towards people who had different opinions to yours in the past to make them small. You do that all the time. Anyway I should have just ignored it but it was already a bad day so **** it. Good day champ
Great post. Accurate in every respect.