• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia (T20s) Feb 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let this yawn-fest begin. At least it's international cricket, I guess, after the cowardly NZ team wouldn't tour in the face of a head cold.

Fixtures:

11 Feb 2022 7.10pm AEDT - 1st T20 @ the SCG, Driver Avenue, Moore Park NSW 2021.
13 Feb 2022 7.10pm AEDT - 2nd T20 @ the SCG, Driver Avenue, Moore Park NSW 2021.
15 Feb 2022 7.10pm AEDT - 3rd T20 @ Manuka Oval, Manuka Circuit, Griffith ACT 2603.
18 Feb 2022 7.10pm AEDT - 4th T20 @ the MCG, Brunton Avenue, Richmond Vicshithole 3002
20 Feb 2022 7.10pm AEDT - 5th T20 @ the MCG, Brunton Avenue, Richmond Vicshithole 3002

Australia squad: Arun Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Josh Inglis, Ben McDermott, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

Sri Lanka squad: Dasun Shanaka (c), Charith Asalanka (vc), Avishka Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal, Chamika Karunaratne, Janith Liyanage, Kamil Mishara, Ramesh Mendis, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lahiru Kumara, Nuwan Thushara, Dushmantha Chameera, Binura Fernando, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Praveen Jayawickrama, Shiran Fernando

Massive news with the recall of excitement machines and renowned Covid19 denialists Kusal Mendis and Danushka Gunathilaka. I know the Australian cricket public is salivating at the prospect of this enthralling series getting underway.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Really hoping inglis gets a game. Gonna be peeved if we wheeled him around the world and made him miss an entire shield season after his performance last year if were not even gonna give him a game, only real chance he's had to bat for aus and he won us that warmup game vs nz in the final over.

Would also prefer us sending smith back to the shield over making him play random t20's, he doesn't even make our best t20 XI anymore with marsh a lock at 3. He's also gonna be a massive part of our upcoming subcontinent tours if we want a chance in hell at winning consistently, give him as much fc gametime as we can.

With the players we've picked feel like selectors will go

1.Benny D
2.Finch
3.Smudge
4.Maxwell
5.Stoinis/Henriques
6.Inglis/Head
7.Wade+
8.Cummins/Jhye
9.Starc
10.Zampa
11.Haze

Wade at 7 was massive in our last t20wc win, think the recipe of 4 frontline bowlers and 2/3 guys who can send down some genuine overs in the top 6 is the play.

Don't get head's callup if im being honest, he's been dogshit in the past two bbl season's when given game time, but he's been in crazy form, maybe just needs gametime in the format

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Tim David would fall to pieces against a proper international attack, he's ideally suited to hitting below-par franchise or associate-level bowling

So yeah definitely should have been selected against Sri Lanka

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim David would fall to pieces against a proper international attack, he's ideally suited to hitting below-par franchise or associate-level bowling

So yeah definitely should have been selected against Sri Lanka
Srilanka will win this series. They are a much better team now.

Burgey

Inglis shouldn't get a game because he's a blatant, overt Tory.

And he's over rated anyway.

Daily reminder Wade > Inglis.

TheJediBrah

Srilanka will win this series. They are a much better team now.
better than they were 2 months ago? And against the team that won the World T20? In their home conditions this time?

I mean it's T20 anything can happen but that's a big call

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
better than they were 2 months ago? And against the team that won the World T20? In their home conditions this time?

I mean it's T20 anything can happen but that's a big call
I agree that its a bold call. But quite confident that this is an improved team. Nissanka and Asalanka are brilliant prospects. Have to see how they do in Australia.

Burgey

They'll lose a leg. SL players always lose a leg when they tour here, unless they're Jayasuriya, who made an ODI ton at the SCG every tour but was otherwise ordinary too.

They're invariably terrible. The worst touring team, bar none. Will be a fitting end to a junk summer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like their younger crop of allrounders. Its T20s so results can go either way but I expect big things from that middle order of DDS, Hasaranga, Shanaka, Karunaratne and their two bowlers who both hit 140+ are fun to watch too.

They are a great team to watch now and whoever does not loses out on some fun cricket.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I like their younger crop of allrounders. Its T20s so results can go either way but I expect big things from that middle order of DDS, Hasaranga, Shanaka, Karunaratne and their two bowlers who both hit 140+ are fun to watch too.

They are a great team to watch now and whoever does not loses out on some fun cricket.
My prediction was also exactly based on this. Coupled with those 4 in the middle order, they have Nissanka and Asalanka at the top along with Kusal Mendis who topped the lankan league averages. Chameera is also bowling better now than before. So, there is still hope for Srilankan cricket, at least in T20s.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They'll lose a leg. SL players always lose a leg when they tour here, unless they're Jayasuriya, who made an ODI ton at the SCG every tour but was otherwise ordinary too.

They're invariably terrible. The worst touring team, bar none. Will be a fitting end to a junk summer.
I still remember when they put on 350 odd at the real G

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I hope Maheesh Theekshana is handled carefully in the series. Should only be picked in conditions that suit him. He is just 21 and has a lot to learn.

TheJediBrah

I still remember when they put on 350 odd at the real G
Think they were like 0-230 at one stage? Jayasuriya made 120-odd and whoever opened with him made a ton too

only game they even came close to winning all summer though

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Think they were like 0-230 at one stage? Jayasuriya made 120-odd and whoever opened with him made a ton too

only game they even came close to winning all summer though
I thought they won that one? Gilly got bowled in the first over