• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the biggest myth in world cricket...

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
My point is, there are enough restrictions on the bowlers in terms of field restriction, no-balls, bowling from a set side/arm unless informed, etc. The wide ball rule is fine, if it goes outside the tram line, call it or leave it.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i suggest that the biggest myth is the second new ball in a non day night test for what it's worth

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While the wide ball can be irritating, at least if used as a negative tactic tends to be given wide...

... the biggest myth in Test cricket (or any cricket) is the batsmen having to be ready when the bowler is ready to bowl. Batsmen are always making bowlers wait and never get punished for it. And also use it as a negative tactic to delay for next over to get to the next break... just accepted as part of 'intelligent' cricket.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
While the wide ball can be irritating, at least if used as a negative tactic tends to be given wide...

... the biggest myth in Test cricket (or any cricket) is the batsmen having to be ready when the bowler is ready to bowl. Batsmen are always making bowlers wait and never get punished for it. And also use it as a negative tactic to delay for next over to get to the next break... just accepted as part of 'intelligent' cricket.
... and then the bowling side gets pinged for a slow over rate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Gavaskar will tell you how to use the sightscreen issues to your advantage and Haysman will applaud.

Chubb

International Regular
So I remembered pushing the wide rule was how Zimbabwe prevented England from winning a rain-affected test in 1996-97. There is actually a highlights package available on YouTube and you can really see how Zim were pushing it -

I am all for celebrating the achievements of Zimbabwean cricket, as many of you know, but it's hard to count this one.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another thread where the answer is Jadeja :ph34r:
So I remembered pushing the wide rule was how Zimbabwe prevented England from winning a rain-affected test in 1996-97. There is actually a highlights package available on YouTube and you can really see how Zim were pushing it -

I am all for celebrating the achievements of Zimbabwean cricket, as many of you know, but it's hard to count this one.
Just as bad as underarm IMO

cnerd123

likes this
Tbf the fact that the batters were able to get bat on so many of those probably suggests the umpires are right to not call them wides in the first place :ph34r:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tbf the fact that the batters were able to get bat on so many of those probably suggests the umpires are right to not call them wides in the first place :ph34r:
Watching that video the main thing I took away was England choked.

Knight literally launched a legside 'wide' for 6 and failed to put away a full toss. One of those deliveries was unplayable imo.