• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Xix2565

International Regular
What a shame he seemed like a stokes,kallis legend in the making.
His action ended up being too troublesome unfortunately. Pandya had his moments in the handful of Tests he could play and if he was fit along with Bhuvi being in the team right now, India would have the luxury of playing any combination they could want to since they could have up to 3 each of spin and pace allrounders. Would make team selections a lot easier, and maybe let them jettison the dead bodies faster.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
A right call imo.. You can't risk a big ticket series like that. I hope the commentary team is solid to make up for lack of atmosphere. SA crowd is amazing especially on boxing day & New year's test.

Stefan9

International Debutant
A right call imo.. You can't risk a big ticket series like that. I hope the commentary team is solid to make up for lack of atmosphere. SA crowd is amazing especially on boxing day & New year's test.
Do not see how 2000 vaccinated fans in an outdoor venue is a big risk. Reckon BCCI were scared and csa played lap dog as always.

The old boys commentary team is always dire. No chance of them making up for no crowd.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
2017/18

Philander (3 tests)
Rabada (3 tests)
Morkel (3 tests)
Ngidi (2 tests) / Steyn (1 Test)

vs

2021/22

Nortje
Rabada
Olivier
Mulder

How much better or worse do you think South Africa's current bowling attack is compared to the last one in 2017/18?

Shri

Mr. Glass
it is a miracle that rabada has not had injury issues given how sa always play him with no rest

he has had a good stretch of rest after the t20 wc now and my only hope is that he's mentally exhausted and sucks

if he's in a competitive mood, he can win tests for sa on his own

sunilz

International Regular
I am extremely scared about this series. We will struggle to score 200 this time in every innings.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
In the 2017/18 series, if there hadn't been even one of Philander or ABDV, India 'probably' would've won 2-1 instead of losing 2-1.

It was close and ABDV made vital series changing contributions and so did Philander, as a gun bowling all-rounder.

Last edited: