• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be fair, it seems like this was a planned vacation for their kid's first birthday. And Rohit's injury seems pretty legit too, given he was giving soundbytes about playing under Virat like the day before he got injured. I hope this is all just rumors.

I think I heard before the captaincy change itself that Virat may not play the LO leg of the RSA series.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am certain that there are more injuries they haven't disclosed yet or that quite a few more players will get injured soon and by the 3rd test, it may be a completely different side to one we all initially expected.

It happened in Australia and it was going to happen in the 5th test in England where there were reports that a number of players were expected to be ruled out. It's also been happening in the home test series in the last couple of years.

So it has become a pattern, this lot keeps falling like flies to injuries. Training seems to be too intense ...or they are exerting too much. They need to hire some professional physios and trainers from overseas and not push the players beyond their 'own' limits rather than getting them to meet some arbitrary standards set. Something is seriously wrong with the Indian training/fitness regime!
Their schedule is brutal af. Completely unsustainable. This is not a player, coaching or support staff issue. It goes much higher up.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
rohit seems to get injured often, could it be attributed to a general lack of physical conditioning...the guy isn't exactly reputed to be the most fit sportsperson...?

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"I was and I am available for selection all this time. You should not be asking me this question, honestly. This question should be asked to people who are writing about these things and their sources, because as far as I'm concerned, I was always available," he said. "I have not had any communication with the BCCI saying I want to rest,

All these people who are writing these things and their sources, to me they're absolutely not credible. As I said, I am available for selection for the ODIs in South Africa and I'm always keen to play."
Infract CA and hb for slander

Kohli opts out of Odi series.. So both Rohit and Kohli don't want to play under each other.
To be fair, it seems like this was a planned vacation for their kid's first birthday. And Rohit's injury seems pretty legit too, given he was giving soundbytes about playing under Virat like the day before he got injured. I hope this is all just rumors.

I think I heard before the captaincy change itself that Virat may not play the LO leg of the RSA series.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just me or did Kohli in that press conference sound hurt that BCCI didnt persuade him to stay when he resigned from the t20 captaincy? Sounds like BCCI went 'Oh no. Anyway..'