• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I rate Hamza too. He looked decent when they toured India. There is definitely stuff there to work with for an international middle order batsman.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I agree with you a 100%. VDD is a safe option imo in that he seems to produce even when he looks like be shouldn't.
The problem is that he's been solid so far (averaging 38 after 10 tests is perfectly respectable) but you don't get the sense he's ever going to be more than a "solid" player. But because he's been consistent in tests (and very good in the shorter formats), you can understand why they'd be a little reluctant to drop him.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Seems like SA fans don't want RVD in playing XI:cool: we are ready to exchange him with Rahane. He will come handy on your tour to Australia as well:tooth:
It does seem like other teams' supporters rate him more highly than we do. :) We don't have anything against him, it's just that there are younger batsmen with a greater potential who we really want to see in the test side.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
M. Jansen seems to have upped his pace from the little I watched. Also talk of him being a genuine allrounder? Not sure about that.

Dendarii

International Debutant
At the moment Jansen looks like a bowler who's handy with the bat, but not a genuine allrounder for now. It's entirely possible that he could become one, and maybe the talk is based on what he's done at lower levels. But it's perhaps a little too early in his career to get a good sense either way.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually wtf happened to Nadeem?
Wasn’t very good against the rampaging Root. He still outbowled Sundar in that game though. He’s ok imo, can probably keep things tight.

I suppose the thinking for Jayant over him is that the latters batting may hopefully compensate for his bowling.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
IND A vs SA A
India A Full Squad- Priyank Panchal (Captain), Prithvi Shaw, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Devdutt Padikkal, Sarfaraz Khan, Baba Aparajith, Upendra Yadav (wicket-keeper), K Gowtham, Rahul Chahar, Saurabh Kumar, Navdeep Saini, Umran Malik, Ishan Porel, Arzan Nagwaswalla.

South Africa A Full Squad- Pieter Malan (C), Raynard van Tonder, Sarel Erwee, Tony de Zorzi, George Linde, Glenton Stuurman, Jason Smith, Dominic Hendricks (Wk), Sinethemba Qeshile (Wk), Beuran Hendricks, Lutho Sipamla, Marco Jansen, Migael Pretorius, Senuran Muthusamy.

IND A vs SA A Schedule
1st Unofficial Test - South Africa A vs India A (Friday, November 23- Monday, November 27)
2nd Unofficial Test - South Africa A vs India A (Friday, December 3 - Monday, December 6)
3rd Unofficial Test - South Africa A vs India A (Friday, December 10 - Monday, December 13)

INDIA TOUR TO SOUTH AFRICA
1st Test - Dec 17-21: Wanderers, Johannesburg
2nd Test - Dec 26-30: SuperSport Park, Centurion
3rd Test - Jan 3-7: Newlands, Cape Town

1st ODI - Jan 11: Boland Park, Paarl
2nd ODI - Jan 14: Newlands, Cape Town
3rd ODI - Jan 16: Newlands, Cape Town

1st T20 - Jan 19: Newlands, Cape Town
2nd T20 - Jan 21: Newlands, Cape Town
3rd T20 - Jan 23: Boland Park, Paarl
4th T20 - Jan 26: Boland Park, Paarl
When has Dom hendriecks played keeper?

Dendarii

International Debutant
When has Dom hendriecks played keeper?
He has one first class stumping and one T20 stumping, so he's kept at least twice. I don't think they were seriously considering him as a keeper, but they needed to have someone as the backup keeper, and he appears to have been deemed good enough for that.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Rabada nortje Oliver v bumrah Siraj shami with ishant umesh as reserves. Should be a great contest.

Be interested to see india ditch the five bowler strategy and play the extra batsman in what should be bowler friendly conditions.

India have been extremely competitive on their last four tours and certainly had series winning opportunities in 2006,2010 and 2017 but couldn't cross the line.
This could be their time though provided they don't play both the duds (rahane and pujara). VIhari must play given he will be highly acclimatised.
Sa have a good attack but their batting has genuine weaknesses imo.
Sa can go 7 out and out batsmen plus 3 of the fast bowlers so ngidi or olivier and have mulder come in at 8 he a top bowler as well than that 7th batting slow can be like a kyle verhanne vibes and use makram and elgar as the 5th bowler spinning option if gauteng wickets are fast bowling dreams

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Kohli will probably be relieved at the sight of not a lot of swing & no spinner bowling at him. He can handle pace n bounce. Gill is another player who is suited on such tracks. Indian playing XI is still a bit of mystery
Maharaj and linde can't bowl lolz? olivier and ngidi swing the ball.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
He probably will handle it as no dukes ball here. Philander was quite good at exploiting his weakness. Rabada Nortje are mostly all pace. Olivier extracts bounce. Rest of the batting may struggle but strangely Kohli will fancy facing such a attack.
mulder swings it and stuurman.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
South African squad:

Dean Elgar (captain, Titans), Temba Bavuma (vice-captain, Lions), Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper, Titans), Kagiso Rabada (Lions), Sarel Erwee (Dolphins), Beuran Hendricks (Western Province), George Linde (Western Province), Keshav Maharaj (Dolphins), Lungi Ngidi (Titans), Aiden Markram (Titans), Wiaan Mulder (Lions), Anrich Nortje (Warriors), Keegan Petersen (Dolphins), Rassie van der Dussen (Lions), Kyle Verreynne (Western Province), Marco Jansen (Warriors), Glenton Stuurman (Warriors), Prenelan Subrayen (Dolphins), Sisanda Magala (Lions), Ryan Rickelton (Lions), Duanne Olivier (Lions)

Obviously this is a bit of an extended squad because of the need to be in a bubble, so some of these players aren't realistically going to get a game, but still a couple of odd choices. Magala? And when are we going to move on from Hendricks?
Hendriecks franchise level, magala also, would have george coetzee,abbot or sipamandla or dulipan darren, instead of those two probably sipa and abbot,

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Hendricks needs to go, we have enough bowlers. What has Ngidi done wrong. Has at times put in some excellent performances, even if not always consistent. I`m not a fan of choosing Magala, even though on form he is a good choice. And I don't see what Subrayen brings to the team? Not in SA with Linde and Maharaj already in the squad. I`m not a big fan of Marco in the squad either. Bit soon I think. Good to see Rickelton get in so quickly, and them pick Olivier again so quickly. Good overall squad, still would like to see some more younger batsmen.
Which younger batsmen are ready? Van tonder struggling this year.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
I think the Ngidi argument stems from his poor fitness record,but I can't from memory remember him pulling up mid game. Also having Mulder in the side negates that risk because he can give you 15-20 overs an innings if need be. I think the toss up will be between the skill set of Ngidi or Olivier. Who do they want in the side?

Edit: Subrayen is probably the best right arm spinner in SA other than Harmer. Perhaps they see a use for him overseas and want him around the team environment.
Linde Marahaj same players vs sbryn and harmer.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Off topic but anyone remember that one guy who started necroing 10 year old threads making aggressive posts to other users in every all-rounder debate the forum had ever had? Good times.

cnerd123

likes this
Seeing how Leach went.. Sundar pretty much did a amazing job for a novice debutant at Gabba. I think dude has way more upside in overseas test as a bowler than Jayant or Nadeem.
Sundar bowls with a lot of overspin, that makes him quite well suited to the Gabba too. A lot of offies struggle because they usually sidespin the ball more. Sundar's stock ball IIRC is basically a topsinner, and he got good bounce with it.