• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
World No #1 now

Head to head its so tight-

Non-playing XI vs Playing XI

Rahul --- Mayank
Rohit --- Gill
Shaw --- Pujara
Vihari --- Kohli
Rahane - Iyer
Pant ---- Saha
Jadeja -- Ashwin
Sundar -- Jayant
Thakur -- Axar
Shami --- Yadav
Bumrah -- Siraj

I can't decide which team is better. Jadeja missing out this test really helps the non-playing attack, though Siraj and Kohli playing in this game help the playing XI

Would be a really close match between the two XIs
Playing XI wins 3-5 while it is a close call in other positions.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Let us all be totally honest, is there anyone who didn't expect this to happen?
Reading the last ten pages of this thread is just a total waste of time, and I look forward to the day this thread is banned here.
That may not happen, but in effect it can if posters decide to boycott match threads here.
This may sound harsh on ashley bach and Salumuddin, but after seeing other threads derailed by drive-bys, it just isn't cricketweb (or is it?).
On day 2, after each post landed on this thread a huge puff of dust came up and settled in my eyes, and so it went for every post left in the test.
In reality just a joke, posts in the back yard are more reliable.
Are there others who think the same or am I just thinking too deep about it all?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For now, all teams are condition dependent IMO.
Yeah. IT really comes down to who sucks lesser in their most difficult away conditions. NZ have done a decent job of not being blown away except against Aus in Aus so IMO they deserve to be called world champions, not just because they won the WTC.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'll take 0-1 in this series and win every home game. India dropped a game vs England earlier this year. A draw in the first test against us.

Last time we lost a test match at home was way back in 2017 vs South Africa.

Indian fans that are pointing a finger to Ross and Nicholls that's pretty rich having Pujara, Rahane etc in your lineup.

WC one day finalists, wtc winners, T20 wc finalists in UAE that'll do for us. With that draw vs India I think we'll go through to another WTC finals no doubt.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take 0-1 in this series and win every home game. India dropped a game vs England earlier this year. A draw in the first test against us.

Indian fans that are pointing a finger to Ross and Nicholls that's pretty rich having Pujara, Rahane etc in your lineup.

WC one day finalists, wtc winners, T20 wc finalists in UAE that'll do for us. With that draw vs India I think we'll go through to another WTC finals no doubt.
I wouldn't say no doubt. SA will be tough especially if Kane is injured and rain in NZ is always a threat. We also have tours to England and Pakistan where we could possibly struggle (lose to Pakistan/draw with England).

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Coming away from an India 0-1 is fine tbh. Wish there were more Tests but it is what it is
Lucky there aren't more

Wouldn’t be so sure of another wtc final. SA won’t be easy beats in Feb and the England side nz face next year will be better than the one nz faced this year.

And it’s not just Ross and Nicholls. Latham and Kane also have suspect records outside nz.

nzfan

I wouldn't say no doubt. SA will be tough especially if Kane is injured and rain in NZ is always a threat. We also have tours to England and Pakistan where we could possibly lose.
Pakistan will be a tough tour if at all that happens. Not worried about England and South Africa.

If we show some consistency in selection and use the resources properly unlike we've done on this tour we'll get through those comfortably.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
the England side nz face next year will be better than the one nz faced this year.
I can't see England beating us (man for man we are much stronger and we haven't lost a test to them since 2015 or a series since 2013) but they could certainly draw a test or two.

nzfan

Lucky there aren't more

Wouldn’t be so sure of another wtc final. SA won’t be easy beats in Feb and the England side nz face next year will be better than the one nz faced this year.

And it’s not just Ross and Nicholls. Latham and Kane also have suspect records outside nz.
Wait and watch mate.. every time we start any tourney we're given zero chances. Case in point the T20 wc, India and England were favorites. NZ wasn't even on the radar. Guess what we got there to the finals. India despite playing ipl in UAE prior, gun team, proper experienced T20 cricketers were out.

How many times are you guys going to keep writing us off and how many times do we keep proving you wrong?

Futile discussion.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The 3 favourites to make the next WTC final are India, Pakistan (dream draw) and NZ, although Pakistan losing a nail biter vs the Windies might cost them.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. The World Cup winners are No.1 until the following tournament. England, us, Australia.
Winning a final in home like conditions and being the BEST team overall are two different things.

India is the best test team overall right now and is No.1 in the rankings 124 points to Nz's 121 points.

Having won series in Australia and England. Until NZ can replicate that in multiple foreign conditions they cannot be considered as the best. Lets see if Nz can even beat England next year without England resting half their side.

This logic about the neutral final is like India winning a one-off final against NZ in spin friendly Sri Lanka and calling that "neutral" conditions hahaha.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Wait and watch mate.. every time we start any tourney we're given zero chances. Case in point the T20 wc, India and England were favorites. NZ wasn't even on the radar. Guess what we got there to the finals. India despite playing ipl in UAE prior, gun team, proper experienced T20 cricketers were out.

How many times are you guys going to keep writing us off and how many times do we keep proving you wrong?

Futile discussion.
I didn’t write nz off. I was just responding to you saying nz would make the wtc final without a doubt.

not sure it is a done deal. Neither Sa at home or Eng away are easy assignments.