• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
England is far from Indian conditions but you can't really call it home like conditions for NZ imo
Not even close... The only condition in NZ that can probably be compared to England is likely Mount.

Even the weather isn't the same but there's this strange thing they say England is like nz. How?

Just because it rains? It rains in Bangladesh too.

We don't even use the same ball.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kilowatt what you say is mostly true but I will say it again.....
how can you possibly say ''there is nothing inherently'' wrong with Indian conditions.
having only joined this site just over a week ago, it appears i'm already running out of juice.
why is it that so many people who read this forum have a tendency to hide from the truth.
why is it people don't seem to talk about the real issue at hand?
please address the matter, and explain how those conditions played against England earlier this year have anything whatsoever to do with cricket.
explain how you think the ball grubbering along the ground in the first test plays its role in test cricket.
its all very well to pretend everything is alright, but it's not, so please focus on the direct points, not start thinking there are any personal
issues at hand. My opinion on this matter isn't suddenly made up because of a weak NZ performance on this tour, anybody who seriously
knows anything about cricket knew this would happen, but on a much larger picture.
please, again I beg you to address the direct points and not deviate around them.
Those pitches were necessary to even out the green mambas that we had been rolling out for all these years.

Just look at these records and show me where the bunsens were

1638678699910.png

1638678857538.png

1638679081023.png

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Like when do you even declare? It’s probably already enough runs but it’s too soon given the time left. You also want to give NZ some sort of a chance or they won’t even go for it, which makes India’s job harder (though they should have enough time regardless).

not sure. Maybe when the lead is like 450? 500 just seems too much. This is why I think enforcing the following on was the better option.

nzfan

I have no problem about the conditions in India. That's the way it's always been and we need to learn to cope.

That said they don't win in NZ but win in England which they claim are the same conditions. When we win in our conditions it's because of the conditions not because black caps played better. Isn't it the same conditions and if you're that good shouldn't you be winning vs us? Bit of a strange logic.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even the weather isn't the same but there's this strange thing they say England is like nz. How?
The ball generally swings and seams and the pitches have just enough pace so that edges carry to the slips but not enough that it actually troubles NZ's batsmen. If there's a country that NZ can claim to be a home outside NZ, its England. The India-SL comparison is perfectly apt. SL uses a different ball too.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

This game has become so boring after not enforcing the follow on. Not sure its made India's win more likely either. Bit of a waste of time tbh.

OverratedSanity

I have no problem about the conditions in India. That's the way it's always been and we need to learn to cope.

That said they don't win in NZ but win in England which they claim are the same conditions.
???We suck in England more than any other country lmao. We barely escaped with a 2-1 lead before Shastri decided to torpedo the tour. Previous two tours were 4-1 and 3-1 embarassments.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Has there been ever a case that all wickets for a given side in a completed Test match have been taken by the same bowler?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
???We suck in England more than any other country lmao. We barely escaped with a 2-1 lead before Shastri decided to torpedo the tour. Previous two tours were 4-1 and 3-1 embarassments.
I don’t think this is true. India won last time and tour before was way closer than the shoreline suggests. India get walloped in NZ far worse than they do in England.

OverratedSanity

I don’t think this is true. India won last time and tour before was way closer than the shoreline suggests. India get walloped in NZ far worse than they do in England.
Rubbish. We won 14 years ago and since then we've been walloped 4-0 3-1 and 4-1. This latest series isn't even official over. It has been genuinely embarrassing watching them in England. Atleast nz tours are mercifully short.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rubbish. We won 14 years ago and since then we've been walloped 4-0 3-1 and 4-1. This latest series isn't even official over. It has been genuinely embarrassing watching them in England. Atleast nz tours are mercifully short.
The time before 2009 where India won in NZ was their first ever tour of NZ back in the 60s. NZ is objectively a worse place for Indian teams to tour - and as you said, the fact that the tours are shorter just means it’s easier to forget.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Has there been ever a case that all wickets for a given side in a completed Test match have been taken by the same bowler?

George Parker took 2/112 and claimed this, haha.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Those pitches were necessary to even out the green mambas that we had been rolling out for all these years.

Just look at these records and show me where the bunsens were

View attachment 30005

View attachment 30006

View attachment 30007
Yea the England series was definitely massively spin friendly but other pitches in the last 3-4 years have offered enough for everyone.

It’s simple really - before, our spinners were better than everyone else’s spinners at home. Now our spinners are still way better, but our pacers are also as good if not better than the opposition’s. Hence the 80% win rate.

nzfan

I thought Kohli will come in smash a hundred and declare. Gill comes out... What's this