• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd greatest living cricketer

Who is the 2nd greatest living cricketer (behind Sobers)?

• Total voters

kyear2

International Coach
One of Hobbs or Hutton. While both are ATG, no way both should be lock in test ATXI considering the bowlers they faced and quality of bowlers produced in last 50 years. One of them should be paired with Gavaskar/Smith.
Hutton Faced some of the absolute best bowlers in the history of the game and entered into the game when it was approaching if not at the level of the modern game.
In addition to the bowlers Gob mentioned there was also O'Reilly and those two friends of mine, Ramadhin and Valentine. He also had to contend with the 2nd world war and of course the terrible injury he sustained.
And of course let's not forget the fact that he broke Bradman's record with the great man on the field and facing the aforementioned O'Reilly.

I'm my mind clearly the best opener ever and could only have been rivalled if Richards would have had a full career.

Hutton to me is quite under rated and a top 5 batsman of all time.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Who is the most overrated cricketer in CW?
Imran or McGrath?
Your dumb hot takes are annoying.

Imran and McGrath are absolute elite and you know it. They can’t be overrated because they’re both absolutely elite and pretty much both the best in their respective roles.

Teja.

Global Moderator
His best series was pre pace quartet days I think
This is true but he still has the best record against the ATG WI pacers. His record just goes from averaging in the 60s to the 50s. It's a bit of a myth that he bashed a weak WI side and got dominated by the better attacks. He was in fact at his most aggressive when facing the best of the WI bowlers. Smashed 236 (425), 120 (128), 90 (120) and 147* against attacks with 3 or 4 of Marshall, Holding, Roberts, Garner, Daniel in 1983 itself.

smash84

The Tiger King
It never seems to me that some of you blokes do not do enough research before you post. In answer to the question posed ,Have any of you ever heard about a bloke called Neil Harvey. Born 1928 . And still around today
He definitely gets points for longevity.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we not? None of these guys were even born with Neil Harvey played. How about we just respect the opinion of an 80-something year old that played cricket for his country without being dicks for a minute

Daemon

Can we not? None of these guys were even born with Neil Harvey played. How about we just respect the opinion of an 80-something year old that played cricket for his country without being dicks for a minute
TJB,

Will think about it and let you know by COB

Regards
Daemon

OverratedSanity

Nah, from what I know of Cw when a former cricketer posts here, we're skeptical of their tall claims, and proceed to be be dicks to them until they no longer post here. Small sample size but that's how it usually goes.