• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Flem274*

123/5
stoked for the australian boomers. great performance from then and seeing mills and the tall 3 pointer **** so emotional was something to see. great reward for a strong aussie team.

also watched the soccer. yuck, god i hate the diving and ref abuse. im not a big football fan in general and that stuff just puts me right off trying. the brazillian screaming in the refs face at one point needs a bullet.
Apparently the German modern pentathlon coach has been thrown out of the games for punching a horse.
Whilst not in any way condoning this action, it's as good a reason as any to take a look at this.
Mongo Knocks out a Horse! - YouTube
it's not a real ban. pentathlon doesn't fall under the FEI umbrella but that of whoever runs pentathlon, hence the open on field abuse, and the ban ends when the olympics ends. it's just optics.

im guessing everyone at the games is still subject to japanese animal welfare laws so would be good to see her charged under proper law.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did the Saudi really used too much force against the Iranian to cause the disqualification?
I haven’t seen it.

cnerd123

likes this
Sarah Lee is a beast. Keirin is a weird sport. May be a dumb question, but does anyone understand why they waste 2 laps going slow in the 1 vs 1 sprints instead of going full blast right from the get go?

And in the larger races why do they have a pacer for the first half of the race?

Chubb

International Regular
Sarah Lee is a beast. Keirin is a weird sport. May be a dumb question, but does anyone understand why they waste 2 laps going slow in the 1 vs 1 sprints instead of going full blast right from the get go?

And in the larger races why do they have a pacer for the first half of the race?
Keirin and sprints are different disciplines. Kierin winds up to full speed using the pacer.

Sprinters go slow for tactical reasons: you get an advantage by slipstreaming so neither racer will want to lead off, tho occasionally they go so slow one of them can get the jump on the other one.

poor Craig, RIP, could explain it all a lot better than me or anyone else on cricketweb.

Chubb

International Regular
Malaysian partner and I after the kierin final.

Partner “go Malaysia! Hah! Singapore haven’t won any medals”

Me “but they’ve won gold medals before, Malaysia never have. And San Marino won the same number of medals as both of you combined.”

Partner “Doesn’t matter ?.”

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best things: mixed gender events like relays in the swimming and athletics, 13 year olds winning gold medals, that evil horse who ruined the pentathlon

Worst things: karate as a viewing experience, Novak Djokovic being let into the country, Australian state-sponsored PED program continuing to be ignored

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Women's volleyball final was a bit disappointing in the end - a tight first set, but one-way traffic after that.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Lots of Asian representation in top womens Golf compared to mens. Wonder why.
my theory on this, totally apropos of nothing and just based on Shady Knows Sports, is that the women's game took off in these countries alongside it taking off in the west, while whereas in the mens' game the funding, infrastructure, generationality, etc, has been around for much longer for the men's game

when i say "take off" i mean in terms both of popularity (thus leading to more take it up from a younger age) as well as direction of government funding and of the sport's infrastructure

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shows how big the Super Heavyweights are as Richard Torres is apparently 6’2 and has looked like a kid throughout the games fighting adults. Some balls on him to go toe-to-toe with a guy that put him on a stretcher previously. Look forward to seeing him in the pros. Can punch and has heart.

Was high on Jalolov prior to the games but not sure on him now. Will be a menace given he is a 6’7 southpaw with some pop but he gets hit too much and he doesn’t seem to respond well to it. Loves a hug.