• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What epithet do we think these games will be known by? You know, Melbourne was the Friendly Games, Sydney the Greatest Games, Atlanta the Toilet, Athens the Olympics Coming Home, London the Ho Hum Games etc. I hope these aren't remembered for the pandemic, though I suppose it looms largest in terms of the context for them.

Burgey

Too many athletes blame their coaches. It's good to see Belarus standing up for its officials in the face of such criticism, and calling their athlete home

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Lisa Carrington about to start her first race. If she has a big Olympics NZ has a decent chance of matching (or perhaps beating) the 8 golds from LA 84.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
What epithet do we think these games will be known by? You know, Melbourne was the Friendly Games, Sydney the Greatest Games, Atlanta the Toilet, Athens the Olympics Coming Home, London the Ho Hum Games etc. I hope these aren't remembered for the pandemic, though I suppose it looms largest in terms of the context for them.
This one will be remembered as the COVID Games.

Burgey

Are Indian hockey fans as generally woeful as their cricket supporters, or are they usually more reasonable? Also, what's the hockey demographic over there? A lot of hard, country ****s tend to play it here.

Flem274*

123/5
Are Indian hockey fans as generally woeful as their cricket supporters, or are they usually more reasonable? Also, what's the hockey demographic over there? A lot of hard, country ****s tend to play it here.
i don't think i've ever met one which is weird because it's like their #2 sport or something. they almost lost to us though and it's like our #264654 sport so cricket must be taking over hard there.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
i don't think i've ever met one which is weird because it's like their #2 sport or something. they almost lost to us though and it's like our #264654 sport so cricket must be taking over hard there.
Their players seem really into it. I remember a Commonwealth games match quite a few years back between the women teams from India and New Zealand. An Indian player committed an obvious foul and NZ were awarded a penalty which lead to the umpire being surrounded by the entire Indian team for like 3 minutes being abused and eventually the umpire overturned the ruling and gave India the penalty instead, from which they scored.

it was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen in sport tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
Their players seem really into it. I remember a Commonwealth games match quite a few years back between the women teams from India and New Zealand. An Indian player committed an obvious foul and NZ were awarded a penalty which lead to the umpire being surrounded by the entire Indian team for like 3 minutes being abused and eventually the umpire overturned the ruling and gave India the penalty instead, from which they scored.

it was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen in sport tbh.
it's moments like this that make me annoyed nz teams blindly buy into taking decisions on the chin. that's a walk off moment, or at least start a fistfight with the opposition.