• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your ALL TIME WORLD XI TEAM for tests?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There's a fair bit of Hutton, not as much of Hobbs. Just search in YouTube.

Also, British Pathe has a lot of footage of early era cricket.

Coronis

International Coach
Probably the innings I'd most like to see would have been Sobers and Pollock in the RoW test they played. Was absolutely brilliant, apparently.

Chrish

International Debutant
Yup i have seen those two clips.. There is no footage of him from 50 or 60 available as far as I know. There are couple of other clips that show him bowling for few seconds. I really wish there was a footage of him facing Trueman or Davidson.. May be it exists hidden somewhere in obscure cricket library

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Some faves

A.Jackson
V.Trumper
V.Richards
G.Pollock
K.Miller
G.Sobers
A.Faulkner
I.Healy
A.Davidson
H.Larwood
J.Garner

KINGOFKINGS

Cricket Spectator
My All Time Test X1 which is capable of defeating any team

01. Sir Viv Richards (Perfectly capable of opening the innings, I needed someone better than Sehwag to do what he did, this is the Guy)
02. Sunny Gavaskar
03. Sir Donald Bradman (C)
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Brian Lara
06. Sir Garfield Sobers
07. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
08. Shane Warne
09. Malcolm Marshall
10. D.K. Lillee
11. Glenn McGrath
12th Man : Wasim Akram (Will replace Dennis Lillee in Asia)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

01. Sir Viv Richards (Perfectly capable of opening the innings, I needed someone better than Sehwag to do what he did, this is the Guy)
02. Sunny Gavaskar
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Brian Lara
06. Sir Garfield Sobers
07. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
08. Shane Warne
09. Malcolm Marshall
10. D.K. Lillee
11. Glenn McGrath
It's a team of India, Aus and WI now. Hobbs/Hutton/Imran/Hadlee/Kallis/Murali should replace some of them.

ataraxia

International Coach

02. Sunny Gavaskar
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Brian Lara
06. Sir Garfield Sobers
07. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
08. Shane Warne
09. Malcolm Marshall
10. D.K. Lillee
11. Glenn McGrath
An XI which that one wouldn't beat:

Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Headley
Hammond
Kallis
Barrington
Flower +
Imran*
Hadlee
Grimmett
Ambrose

KINGOFKINGS

Cricket Spectator
An XI which that one wouldn't beat:

Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Headley
Hammond
Kallis
Barrington
Flower +
Imran*
Hadlee
Grimmett
Ambrose
How do you say it wouldn't beat ?

Bradman, Lara, Sachin and Sobers are automatically the 4 best test batsmen of all time, add Richards and Gilchrist into the mix and you have 6 guys who can take on any bowling attack.

Marshall-Lillee-McGrath will bowl out the Englishmen, check their records in england

My team will beat your team in england itself :D

KINGOFKINGS

Cricket Spectator
Guys like Ken Barrington and Kallis have all the stats but in their own eras people rated Sobers / Sachin / Lara type batsmen ahead of them.

In an all time 11 experts pick King Viv who avged 50 but ignore Barrington type guys who avged close to 59, lol, avg isn't everything you know.

KINGOFKINGS

Cricket Spectator
It's a team of India, Aus and WI now. Hobbs/Hutton/Imran/Hadlee/Kallis/Murali should replace some of them.
The Strongest All Time 11s are of Aus and WI, so their players will automatically be ahead of others too.

Among the Asians I picked Gav, Sachin and Akram who can walk into these teams.

Murrali would be nullified by Lara and Sobers, no use picking him, Warne is better... a leggie is a lot better...

KINGOFKINGS

Cricket Spectator
Most scenarios it would be a draw between the two teams.
I think you could form an alternative team with bowlers close in ability to mine ....... Steyn + Imran + Hadlee + Murali + Ambrose, you could set 4 out of 5 from this and still have a line up.

But my batsmen + Adam Gilchrist will steal the show, they are the absolute best on the planet.

Plus Guys like Barrington/Kallis would have to bat for a draw, that would be their only strategy and hunters like Lillee/Marshall will dismiss these guys eventually ...