• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Offically known as wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men fyi
Good stuff here from this ****

Anyway, yeah there is indeed a rather big announcement regarding the SACA playing list for 2021/22 likely coming tomorrow. The guesses from the commentary team however are somewhat off the mark

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark Cosgrove making a comeback.?
I know you are joking but that genuinely isn't as far fetched as one might think. Still going strong for Northerns at grade level, averaged a shade over 60 this season.

But while it's sad to see Sayers finish up, I am not entirely surprised, especially considering his knee has been giving him strife for quite a while back, still will leave a significant hole in the attack, while the wickets haven't been flowing like they once were his control and consistency was still top notch. Hopefully everyone can see one last hurrah from him against the Vics over the next few days

Still plenty more news to come wrt next years playing list, watch this space

tony p

State Regular
I know you are joking but that genuinely isn't as far fetched as one might think. Still going strong for Northerns at grade level, averaged a shade over 60 this season.

But while it's sad to see Sayers finish up, I am not entirely surprised, especially considering his knee has been giving him strife for quite a while back, still will leave a significant hole in the attack, while the wickets haven't been flowing like they once were his control and consistency was still top notch. Hopefully everyone can see one last hurrah from him against the Vics over the next few days

Still plenty more news to come wrt next years playing list, watch this space
I saw Cosgrove batting at Grace Road in 2019 v Durham, he made 60, looked easily their best player. Chatted to him before play, was still loving playing. He looked as fit as me which made me feel good. Still only 36, younger than S.Marsh, not sure if Australian cricket got the best out of him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, it's what happens when half your team is IPL/Injured/Baby duties, plus you've decided to drop two people who average under 30 for the season (and they're still keeping the one who averages under 20!). I would have probably kept Solway and opened with him, but beyond that, it's fine, they don't have much other option. NSW have so rarely actually blooded the kids over the past few years, and frankly it's not like that policy has led to much success in terms of new talent joining the team (the one season they did give Sangha & Edwards games, they disappeared for most of the next two seasons.)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wow nsw goes through the first session without losing a wicket as soon as they drop Irish Fraud. makes you think