• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

tony p

State Regular
Stay with me here,

There is still a chance Qld could miss the shield final even with a draw after todays completion of play, however it's still most UNLIKELY.

Before the start of play, Qld had 30.84 pts & NSW had 29.01 pts.
With 4 overs left for bonus points in the NSW first innings, Qld now have 31.24 pts & NSW exactly 30.00 pts.
If NSW could score 25 runs and lose no wickets in those 4 overs, they would go to 30.25 pts & if they bowled Qld out for under 200 in their 100 overs, they would scrape ahead with 31.25 pts to Qld's 31.24 pts.

And if W.A won, then Qld would have to win.

Just something for NSW to keep an eye out on in the morning.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doran is quietly putting together a good season

Guy is obviously talented but needs a couple more big years

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so it seems to me WA will be chasing down a 400+ total when they bat, unless I'm missing something

QLD have seemed pretty content to just bat long and secure a home final so a NSW win is probably not happening unless they can 8/50 them tomorrow, plus NSW will need the point from a draw so setting a 3rd innings target is likely pretty tough. Doran/Webster/Bird have similarly put a win likely out of WA's reach, so WA will need to overhaul NSW's bonus points and hold on for a draw.

NSW got 1.1 points from batting (4/310 after 100) and have only 0.2 from bowling, with 37 overs to go. WA got 0.5 with the ball. NSW started with a 1.33 headstart

So if NSW doesn't get another wicket, WA would need to chasedown 1.33 (headstart)+ 0.8 (NSW bonus points minus WA bowling points), for a total of 2.13, which means 413 runs by 100 overs.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SA managing to screw up what should have been a good position?

I'm shocked I tell you,
S h o c k e d
h
o
c
k
e
d