• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 13 - 17 Feb 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely Foakes should be first-choice in the subcontinent now? Much better keeper than Bairstow/Buttler and arguably a better bat against spin.
His keeping yesterday was excellent. If either of Bairstow or Buttler can justify their spots as batsmen, he should be a lock as keeper. Footwork superb

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also is there evidence that Pope is test level quality apart from that one series in SA?

Daemon

This literally lasts a day before decks flatten out. If a pitch starts going through the top day one it doesn’t get anything more than better for the same skill set.

This is literally cricket 101 for anyone who’s watched more than 2 minutes of it in their life
I’ve been watching the T10 tournament and you are wrong. X-factor substitute yourself out of here pls.

Burgey

social probably is talking to bedi, warne, benaud, laker and underwood on a zoom call right now in his private jet tbf

his opinion is obviously worth more than ours
Its worth a fair bit more than many on here tbh given he’s played the sport with a four piece cricket ball in lieu of a taped tennis one.

Spark

Global Moderator
This literally lasts a day before decks flatten out. If a pitch starts going through the top day one it doesn’t get anything more than better for the same skill set.

This is literally cricket 101 for anyone who’s watched more than 2 minutes of it in their life
i actually think this is what makes those sorts of pitches kind of unfair tbh. better if it stays the same throughout.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just seen the wickets on highlights.

Not sure we can really blame the deck for too many of them.

Root's maybe held up a little in the pitch and possibly more bounce that might've been expected for Lawrence's dismissal, but that's about it.

Burgey

i actually think this is what makes those sorts of pitches kind of unfair tbh. better if it stays the same throughout.
Suppose I rate them because they give seam bowlers a shot before flattening rather than roads which don’t or decks like this where they’re basically superfluous.

D

Deleted member 38150

That is unfair to the team batting first..isn't it? So if the team is skittled for 100 odd then how is that a fair cricket and good pitch?
At least here, the turn is there for all days. Only thing that matters is if you have quality spinners or not in your team..
and if your batsman can cope up with a turning ball or not.. It is simply a matter of skill and nothing to do with pitches or luck..
If a team doesn't have good spinners to take wickets in this pitch ,it's a their lack of skill..

If someone doesn't see this fact, then they are biased too much or don't have the slightest IQ to understand cricket...
As simple as that..

Spark

Global Moderator
Suppose I rate them because they give seam bowlers a shot before flattening rather than roads which don’t or decks like this where they’re basically superfluous.
I mean I wouldn't want pitches like this all the time but they're definitely something I don't mind seeing every now and then. They're certainly a much more interesting contest than horrible roads where the main wicket taker is S. Pressure but that the ICC seems to think are fine.

Robbie

U19 12th Man
Are people above saying that the pitch is going to improve as the game goes on ?

If this is as obvious as claimed, why did India bat first ?