• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's such a mental adjustment to see a pitch like this after a lowish scoring series like the last one. Par score looks to be about 550.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Burns isn't as dour as his crabby technique might suggest. Finds ways of scoring runs with at times surprising enterprise.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Who have they dropped that you would've preferred playing in this Test?
About "dropping players", I am not talking about this match in particular. I am talking about the overall approach of Shastri and Kohli when it comes to team selection. It can get very random at times.

For this match, Kuldeep should have been picked coz Ashwin and Sundar in the same squad makes no sense, both players are almost identical when it comes to their skillset. Kuldeep is very tough to pick and could have been a nightmare for the English side. Kuldeep's confidence must be an all time low because of lack of opportunities.

And overall, Indian team under Shastri and Kohli have gone through a lot of chopping and changing. Like the WC debacle, where we constantly changed players until the last moment, we didn't know what our middle order would look like. These kind of things don't get highlighted easily because of the large talent pool we have currently, but you don't want players feeling insecure about their position in the side.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
What's the point of two short extra covers for Sibley? Doubt the batsman's going to be tempted into threading them. Get one of them under his nose instead.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL on Hotstar and I can switch between English and Hindi feeds. I haven't listened to Hindi commentary in years.

Is it me or has it gotten better?