• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Kohli and Shastri seem terrible when it comes to team selection. We have a very large talent pool right now, but poor selection and dropping players without giving them a proper opportunity(not talking about Shardul or Natarajan here) is something that happens regularly under Kohli and Shastri and can lead to our downfall. Don't forget, even Pujara was dropped for Raina by the same guys.

Kuldeep not playing this game is a shame. And what the heck are both Sundar and Ashwin doing in the same XI?

Last edited:

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
India has picked the worst possible team for this match. We have everything right now, but poor selection and dropping players without giving them a proper opportunity(not talking about Shardul or Natarajan here) is something that happens regularly under Kohli and Shastri and can lead to our downfall. Don't forget, even Pujara was dropped for Raina by the same guys. Kuldeep not playing this game is a shame.
Who have they dropped that you would've preferred playing in this Test?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ishant's action still looks a bit iffy and both him and Bumrah are coming off from injury lay offs. Hope Virat understands that and does not overbowl them. I will be looking to make a change by the 9th over.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glad we aren't playing Moeen. Rest of the side was predictable an d Broad plays for Anderson in next game. No doubt the spinner we haven't heard of runs through us.

Niall

International Coach
Who have they dropped that you would've preferred playing in this Test?

I'm not as annoyed by some with the line up but that massive gun Siraj should be playing ahead of Ishant. 3 test bowlers relatively cold picked.

Can't argue with the batting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. Ash is better than Bumrah with the new ball and perhaps Bumrah is better than Ash with the old ball. Such dichotomy in the bowling attack.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I just dont understand the need for three spinners honestly. I would almost play both Saha and Pant if they wanted deeper batting than three spinners.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Very early to tell for sure but something in Ashwin's bowling looks a bit off. Almost rushing through his action and at point of release doesn't look balanced