• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^^ should change our kit color to yellow (or use green caps instead of blue) in our next tour. That should do the trick.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
There was a 2-0 in 2010 in India and I would say, that one and the 2013 whitewash were as competitive as the 3-0 and 4-0 pastings we took in Aus in 1999 and 2011. But yeah, the remaining series have all been competitive and good to watch.
The first test in 2010 series was as close as it could get, Laxman special which India won by a wicket. The 2nd was as well was competitive for first couple of days but once Tendulkar stamped his authority was done with.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
2008 is probably more notorious for Australian fans than Indian fans as it was a
when Ponting decided to have part timers and Cameron White bowl negative dross to make up for a bad over rate when India was in trouble and a drawn series was a very live possibility.
It troubles me that it is already 12 years since that happened.. I still remember Border going full monty on air on Ponting.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if it was a serious post or not (a lot of your posts are in jest certainly), but I find this theory about population giving any natural advantage to a country incredibly bull***t. If anything, once you have a decent sporting culture, factors like per capita income and access to world class training facilities are far more of an advantage to a team over another. Not just speaking in an India - Australia context by the way.
Oh of course, that doesn't make it any less impressive when a country like NZ can be somewhat competitive with India. If you were to compare the proportion of NZ's population that has an interest in cricket to India's the difference would be even bigger. If part of that is NZ's use of resources and maintaining facilities then that's something they should get credit for, it's part of the game.

basically just because population size is clearly not the only factor, it is still a bloody big factor

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Late to the party as per usual, but I'd like to say how much of an absorbing Test series this has been. Low-scoring Tests are always more fun to watch in my opinion & it has been crazy watching these two sides slog it out. Hopefully the rain stays away from Brisbane & we get a definitive result in the final Test. Will be a thoroughly hard-earned win for the Aussies if they get up, whereas if India can snag the series win I would rate it higher than their series win in OZ last time around.

Mah boi Ajinkya Rahane has been outstanding, loved how he has managed the team & led by example with the bat. His overall record in Melbourne must be insane these days.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Yeah Indian batting frailties have been tp an extent hidden by the brilliant bowling unit.

I think Indian batting is one steep decline generally. No real talent is coming through the domestics who can play long big innings anymore. I am afraid the next decade is going to be a dark decade for Indian batting, with just Shubhman as the lone ranger, in all probability.
How about Devdutt Paddikkal ? I know most of his performances have been in white ball cricket but Dravid thinks he has the chops for the longer format as well.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
How about Devdutt Paddikkal ? I know most of his performances have been in white ball cricket but Dravid thinks he has the chops for the longer format as well.
He has talent but has never translated yet into sustained excellent performances in the longer version. There are no real stand out young batsmen if you check last couple of years of Ranji Trophy.

I guess after providing a cultural change when it comes to bowling ouvre, IPL has finally taken its pound of flesh. We are well and truly witnessing the first generation of batsmen who have grown up watching IPL, and seemingly aren't that interested in thr longer versions anymore

cnerd123

likes this
Surely Shreyas Iyer is next in line for a Test debut?

Manish Pandey is a better red-ball batter than white-ball. Key part of Karnataka's recent Ranji trophy wins, has played many great knocks in tough situations, and has had success in white ball stuff for India already. Deserves a chance too.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Surely Shreyas Iyer is next in line for a Test debut?

Manish Pandey is a better red-ball batter than white-ball. Key part of Karnataka's recent Ranji trophy wins, has played many great knocks in tough situations, and has had success in white ball stuff for India already. Deserves a chance too.
1. Iyer has dire issues against pace bowling. He can't be anywhere near a test team with such kind of issues.

2. Agree, Pandey is underrated. He definitely deserves more chances. Did well during A tours as well if I remember right.