• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

aussie tragic

International Captain
How are India on 400 points after the last test? Shouldn't it be 405? They were on 390. Isnt draw worth 15 each for this series?
Draw is worth 1/3 of win points so 4 Test series has 30 for win and 10 for Draw (3 test series 40 for win and 13 for draw, 2 test series series 60 for win and 20 for draw)

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
A bit circle jerky in here atm for my tastes, coming from a country that only plays one sport and has about the population of the rest of the cricketing world combined

but yeah they are a bloody good team tbf
Not sure if it was a serious post or not (a lot of your posts are in jest certainly), but I find this theory about population giving any natural advantage to a country incredibly bull***t. If anything, once you have a decent sporting culture, factors like per capita income and access to world class training facilities are far more of an advantage to a team over another. Not just speaking in an India - Australia context by the way.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
26 games played in Australia, 25 in India

Team
Span
Mat
Won
Lost
Tied
Draw
W/L
Ave
RPO
Inns
HS
LS
India in India1996-201725165043.236.623.2647657104
India in Australia1999-202126514070.35732.163.125170536
And regardless of the Brisbane result(have not much hope for India btw), by the end of the series, India would have played more away matches than Australia and yet a better win loss record.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
And regardless of the Brisbane result(have not much hope for India btw), by the end of the series, India would have played more away matches than Australia and yet a better win loss record.
In the last 16 years, its even skewed. Aus have won only one match in India (Pune), while India have won four.in Australia. India has been a real tough place for Aus (and in general for all teams) in the last 8-9 years especially.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Border-Gavaskar has rarely thrown up one-sided series in the past 20 years except for a couple of notable exceptions ('99-'00 and '11-'12). Our 4-0 win in 2013 was a whitewash but the matches were interesting.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
On the other hand, India's record in England/NZ over the last decade has been pathetic. Modern indian batsmen handle bounce and pace pretty well, but the moment it starts swinging and seaming around, we are a goner.
Yeah Indian batting frailties have been tp an extent hidden by the brilliant bowling unit.

I think Indian batting is one steep decline generally. No real talent is coming through the domestics who can play long big innings anymore. I am afraid the next decade is going to be a dark decade for Indian batting, with just Shubhman as the lone ranger, in all probability.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Border-Gavaskar has rarely thrown up one-sided series in the past 20 years except for a couple of notable exceptions ('99-'00 and '11-'12). Our 4-0 win in 2013 was a whitewash but the matches were interesting.
There was a 2-0 in 2010 in India and I would say, that one and the 2013 whitewash were as competitive as the 3-0 and 4-0 pastings we took in Aus in 1999 and 2011. But yeah, the remaining series have all been competitive and good to watch.

vcs

There was a 2-0 in 2010 in India and I would say, that one and the 2013 whitewash were as competitive as the 3-0 and 4-0 pastings we took in Aus in 1999 and 2011. But yeah, the remaining series have all been competitive and good to watch.
Dude Laxman dragged us home by one wicket with an ATG performance in that series. It was literally a hair's breadth from a drawn series at best for us.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dude Laxman dragged us home by one wicket with an ATG performance in that series. It was literally a hair's breadth from a drawn series at best for us.
Wait, that was not 2008? Maybe I mixed up the two series. But I remember the Bangalore test being rather boring in 2010.

Spark

Global Moderator
An actual missed run out by yet-to-debut Steve Smith no less

Reactions: vcs

OverratedSanity

2008 is probably more notorious for Australian fans than Indian fans as it was a
when Ponting decided to have part timers and Cameron White bowl negative dross to make up for a bad over rate when India was in trouble and a drawn series was a very live possibility.
Lmao I think border was on commentary at the time? He was piiiiiiisssed