• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Man I really hope the rain stays away from the Gabba. The forecast is looking so dire, which would be such an anticlimax to a series which feels like it's been bubbling toward a feisty finale. :(

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the 100th time I've said this, Kimber did a video debunking this. Watch the ****ing video

Worthwhile watching, this

But realistically the casual will either completely ignore it, or only watch the first minute or so, and then strut around like king **** in the deluded belief that he is somehow "vindicated".

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man I really hope the rain stays away from the Gabba. The forecast is looking so dire, which would be such an anticlimax to a series which feels like it's been bubbling toward a feisty finale. :(
What the hell are you talking about?

Bright and sunny day 1, shower or two the rest of the match.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

He means the forecast of spectators that turn up. So dire in Brisbane

stephen

This is, no joke, one of the dumbest cricket statistics I have ever seen.

"x player only averages between 24 and 28 after having between two and four drinks and if his first spell was preceded by an offspinner on the third day. On Wednesdays."
If I take this small, particular subset of a player's career they're amazing/ terrible.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain

I mean it looks at this stage like it will rub out at least 90 overs. Maybe dire wasn't the right word, but draw will be favoured unless it's more spicy than recent years.

stephen

I mean it looks at this stage like it will rub out at least 90 overs. Maybe dire wasn't the right word, but draw will be favoured unless it's more spicy than recent years.
Who said that? The bom forecast is the most accurate forecast available and they're literally saying "shower or two" on days 2, 3 and 4.

Daemon

Is this an accurate summary

- trundler hates Starc just because
- as soon as Starc ****ed up he appeared and had a few jibes
- sensitive australians got fired up and called him out on it
- because trundlers hatred is emotional and not really backed up by stats, his arguments got taken apart
- trundler, now facing ridicule at the hands of Spark and a GAS that’s overly invested in this argument, decided to double down
- we’re now at the stage where he’s attempting to downplay things by throwing in a bit of humour

As ex-Gandhi, I request GAS to let it go and trundler to admit defeat. We’re 1-1 deep down in Australia after losing half the squad and y’all are spoiling the vibes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is this an accurate summary

- trundler hates Starc just because
- as soon as Starc ****ed up he appeared and had a few jibes
- sensitive australians got fired up and called him out on it
- because trundlers hatred is emotional and not really backed up by stats, his arguments got taken apart
- trundler, now facing ridicule at the hands of Spark and a GAS that’s overly invested in this argument, decided to double down
- we’re now at the stage where he’s attempting to downplay things by throwing in a bit of humour

As ex-Gandhi, I request GAS to let it go and trundler to admit defeat. We’re 1-1 deep down in Australia after losing half the squad and y’all are spoiling the vibes.
I already resolved everything by saying "pull your head in". No further action required.

Daemon

I think a low scoring game probably doesn’t work for us. Saini leaking runs in such a situation would hurt more than usual.

There’s a chance Bumrah could run through them or something but it’s not likely imo given how gassed he looks.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

"In the end, Australia were sledging them about what might happen next week. As far as mental disintegration goes, it was very much of the 'wait until dad gets home' oeuvre. Australia were sledging them for the future because they'd been beaten in the present. "

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

"In the end, Australia were sledging them about what might happen next week. As far as mental disintegration goes, it was very much of the 'wait until dad gets home' oeuvre. Australia were sledging them for the future because they'd been beaten in the present. "
From memory, Rohit (or maybe somebody else) used the "wait until you come to India" line when things weren't going well for them on a previous tour and (rightly) got absolutely panned for it. Same thing here. Win the game in front of you ffs.