• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a series this is.

It is probably not true but it feels like Australia are involved in more matches like this than other teams. They hardly ever win them either which makes it all the better.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It just depends on the batsmen. Vihari was right to take the quicks after that over where Ashwin was nearly bounced out three times, and Ashwin was playing Lyon pretty well, which meant Vihari didn’t have to stretch forward on his dodgy hammy. They played it very smart.
Spot on. Ashwin got hit in the ribs and had one dropped by Abbott in the 101st over bowled by Cummins. In the next 26 overs, Ashwin faced just 12 balls of pace and Vihari just 12 balls of spin. After that it was pace from both ends so it didnt matter. Australia probably missed a trick by not changing Lyons ends to break this up because there's no way Vihari could've coped with Lyon for too long with his hamstring gone.

Gob

International Coach
Cos tim would drop her
Lame as **** comment

Anyway couldn't catch any of the play but seems like Paine has gone from the saviour to chopping block soon. Still think Australia will win at Brisbane cos its Brisbane but India have been pretty amazing and I give most of it to Rahane

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Cummins could actually be the real "good guy" captain IMO. Seems a great bloke. Paine looks like a guy who tries to smuggle some of his ****tiness under the hood of a "good guy" image while Hazlewood and Lyon just come across as rather ****e guys. Starc seems to be a nice guy who has been told for the last 6 years that he should not be one. Cummins kinda stands out. Warner and Smith is too risky to go back to, again. Labu is too green and others are not even established.
Cummins looks and sounds like he has the IQ of a pifarmer

Hazelwood on the other hand was impressive on a radio interview the other day, and every other time I've heard him

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
my xi for the next test:

Rohit
Gill
Pujara
Pant (fingers crossed. idk if we even have another batsman in the squad. would rather play with 10 players than with shaw, which is the same thing anyway)
Rahane
Saha
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj
Natarajan
Can't play 5 bowlers if one of them is not Jadeja. That tail is way too long. It's Gabba anyway. Play 3+1 combo

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe I missed the entirety of today's play.

No Indian bat hit a century but Burgey must've racked up like 100+ likes and is closing in on me.

sunilz

International Regular
This is always hard to do when it's so fresh but for the Indian fans: where does this rank? Surely the most impressive draw in Indian history?
Less impressive than the draw in 3rd test in SA in 2011 where we retained no.1 ranking.
There was lots of trash talk by SA players and commentators in that series about how India never deserved rank 1 and SA were the rightful no.1

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pretty sure Vihari would've got out if not for the hammy. Being restricted forced him to cut out a lot of shots and do the barest minimum (and yet a herculean effort mentally) to hang in. So many intangibles went into that last day, genuinely one for the ages.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Less impressive than the draw in 3rd test in SA in 2011 where we retained no.1 ranking.
There was lots of trash talk by SA players and commentators in that series about how India never deserved rank 1 and SA were the rightful no.1
That series is probably my favourite ever but we were in the driver's seat in the third test. As an individual draw, this one is better imo.

srbhkshk

International Captain
1st test vs Sri Lanka in 2017 imo.

sunilz

International Regular
That series is probably my favourite ever but we were in the driver's seat in the third test. As an individual draw, this one is better imo.
Surviving on a 5th day track against peak Steyn +Morkel was a very big achievement imo.