• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Flem274*

123/5
i feel like one of the few who finds him meh. some people think he's the funniest **** out (he's not funny) and others absolutely death ride him.

he has a strong whiff of filler but no one else with a secure spot and 20+ tests has both a personality and a clean disciplinary record so i guess he's it.

you could huck him for someone else and make smith captain again but CA love pretending to have the moral high ground so it won't happen, and im not sure the pr effort would be worth it. i've never seen carey play a red ball game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Paine is a bit like SSentry, in that it’s hard to imagine anyone thinking he’s important enough to hate.

More to be pitied than despised.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
and make smith captain again
Honestly think it will backfire. He strikes me as a Sachin type. Excellent guy to have in the side as he can constantly give advice and suggestions and thinks about the game all the time but captaincy is just way too much responsibility and can break them.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
i feel like one of the few who finds him meh. some people think he's the funniest **** out (he's not funny) and others absolutely death ride him.

he has a strong whiff of filler but no one else with a secure spot and 20+ tests has both a personality and a clean disciplinary record so i guess he's it.

you could huck him for someone else and make smith captain again but CA love pretending to have the moral high ground so it won't happen, and im not sure the pr effort would be worth it. i've never seen carey play a red ball game.
You should genuinely watch some Sheffield Shield cricket sometime. That way you get the opportunity both watch Carey and mock me for supporting a terrible team

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I suspect this is what most non Australians feel about him. He is just a guy that ended up where he was by mistake and has generally done alright.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also people overreact to keepers dropping catches more than almost anything else I can think of in cricket.