• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Chrish

International Debutant

Johnson at times was absolutely unplayable in South Africa. I recall the series where Saffers were pretty elite and he sent a few of them to hospital.

I can't find it right now, but he had a delivery v Faf which was genuinely unplayable although that was a series a few years larer.

[/QUOTE]

I have been told that only ABDV was able to play him.. Is that true? As you said, can’t find footage anywhere.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'm not sure if even beastmode Johnson knew which way it was going. Cummins has figured out *the* fast bowling length so unless he suddenly loses a yard or two of pace, he's not going to be shaken off his perch.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, nothing left me with a better lasting impressing of de Villiers than his ability to look comfortable against that ridiculous bowling.

Yeah Johnson ran through the top order while ABDV handled him more comfortably, but while the contest between the two was thrilling it was somewhat academic as the damage had been done.

I looked up the scorecard of the test where ABDV v Mitch and got linked to this article chatting about Mitch in South Africa. Might be worth a read if unfamiliar with the series.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Statistically Cummins now has almost half the number of wickets as Malcolm Marshall, averaging 0.6 more, striking at the same rate and taking the same number of wpm.

He's ****ing great ok.
I mean I don't think anyone disagrees do they?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, nothing left me with a better lasting impressing of de Villiers than his ability to look comfortable against that ridiculous bowling.
Remember him doing something similar against India. That tour when even Dean Elgar got some wickets.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson at times was absolutely unplayable in South Africa. I recall the series where Saffers were pretty elite and he sent a few of them to hospital.

I can't find it right now, but he had a delivery v Faf which was genuinely unplayable although that was a series a few years larer.

I have been told that only ABDV was able to play him.. Is that true? As you said, can’t find footage anywhere.
[/QUOTE]

It's hard to believe that three months later that same bloke could barely hit the pitch in England.