• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was more variable bounce on Day 3 Session 3, but I missed our batting this session. Was it there? There was literally none of it in the first two sessions today.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If they get three wickets, they need literally 10 overs to get the other five out. The tail is that bad. I expect it to be over shortly after lunch. But I would love to see some dogged resistance until tea.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonder who'd everyone take, this Cummins or Steyn bowling in the 2010/11 series v India? Both 27 then too. Might go for Patrick tbh

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Wonder who'd everyone take, this Cummins or Steyn bowling in the 2010/11 series v India? Both 27 then too. Might go for Patrick tbh
Cummins. More well-rounded, more consistent, more persistent. Steyn bowled more magic deliveries but also picked up a lot of wickets with weak wafts outside off. Cummins atm is metronomic like noone else since McGrath retired besides dealing out broken ****ing arms like it's going out of fashion. Can't beat that combo.

Last edited:

crus07

Cricket Spectator
Would be a hell of a Test match if India can bring it to the last hour of play and who knows Jadeja might come out walking in to bat the way Graeme Smith did for South Africa!

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Statistically Cummins now has almost half the number of wickets as Malcolm Marshall, averaging 0.6 more, striking at the same rate and taking the same number of wpm.

He's ****ing great ok.

Coronis

International Coach
Statistically Cummins now has almost half the number of wickets as Malcolm Marshall, averaging 0.6 more, striking at the same rate and taking the same number of wpm.

He's ****ing great ok.
But what do the guys who played against Marshall think?

Niall

International Coach
[/QUOTE]
The only thing I've seen that I'd pick over Cummins right now is Johnson from that Ashes.
Johnson at times was absolutely unplayable in South Africa. I recall the series where Saffers were pretty elite and he sent a few of them to hospital.

I can't find it right now, but he had a delivery v Faf which was genuinely unplayable although that was a series a few years larer.