• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Absoulutely dire, no place for those sort of dickheads around.

Unfortunately I am already seeing some trying to push some bs narrative of this being somehow linked to the discussion about the location of the 4th test

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like they've gone more official on wanting to back out of Brisbane, fair enough at this stage too.

Maybe keep the speccys out for the next one if they stay in Sydney though. Not least to keep the scourge of the Sydney populace out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno if there have been any more developments but last I read, BCCI just wants a written confirmation that it will be hotel quarantine and not room quarantine in Brisbane. Other than that, the only issue about the venue of the 4th test is the fact that Brisbane has gone into some kind of lockdown for 3 days and we dunno if that changes things and causes CA to move the test out.

And yeah, the keeper rule is fine as long as there are provisions to prevent its misuse, which I think PEWS pointed out, are there. And this series and that SL-SA test have only solidified my stance on cricket starting to allow injury subs.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jadeja should have conditioned his thumb to getting smacked on the hand. Clearly unfit for Test Cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jadeja should have conditioned his thumb to getting smacked on the hand. Clearly unfit for Test Cricket.
That was the annoying thing. The two balls that injured our players were not that mean or tough to negotiate. I mean. the Pant one was actually unfortunate as it did not bounce as high as it should have and you cant blame the batsman for that. Jaddu could have taken his hands out of the way totally and worn it on the chest though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, Jaddu is an example of players who are very quick between the wickets but are not great runners between the wickets. He fails to account for the speed of the other guy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absoulutely dire, no place for those sort of dickheads around.

Unfortunately I am already seeing some trying to push some bs narrative of this being somehow linked to the discussion about the location of the 4th test
TBF the scheduled location of the fourth test is the joint which gave us One Nation, so yeah.

Burgey

Caught up with highlights from the last session. Smith is looking fluent again. Glorious cover drive.
Was actually really impressed with Labushagne this arvo. Was a bit more still at the crease and was finding gaps to leg from the get-go. Looks like he’s back in top nick too

Gob

International Coach
Caught up with highlights from the last session. Smith is looking fluent again. Glorious cover drive.
Think one bloke said before the test that he is failing cos he is facing up to an attack which features Bumrah and Ashwin together

I cried and I laughed

TheJediBrah

One other thing I think we can all learn from this, is that just because your team, or any team, has a hard time getting wickets on day 1 doesn't make the pitch "a road".

lol

but just to be safe, we'll have Saha stay keeping

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think the pitch is a road but I think India scored about a 100 less than they should have, even accounting for the better bowling attack from the Aussies, compared to our bowling attack.