• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Bumrah always seem to take a bit of time to work into a spell/innings tbf. Tends to bowl a lot better as the innings goes on from what I've seen.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
There was a notorious incident in 1981 where Doug Walters was batting with deadset ferret Jim Higgs, who was bounced out off the gloves and the umpire ruled it not out on the basis of intimidatory bowling.

I think the bowler was Martin Sneddon or some such. Which was bizarre, because Lille and Thommo then the Windies had spent half a decade bouncing every **** all the time
It was Lance Cairns:

I don't think some of Ian Chappell's comments would be well recieved nowadays.

So the umpires should just listen to players Depending on how popular they are all over the world? So basically only Kane Williamson.
Not really what I'm saying. There is no provision in the laws for interpretation based on the captain's attitudes and saying "hurrr, this is test cricket, not for pansies, blah, blah, blah, blah." This is regardless of how popular they are, but this attitude seems particularly prevalent amongst Australians particularly from that sort of cricket culture that Waugh played a part in establishing, and Taufel seemed to think it lent that attitude some sort of credibility.