• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith's in one of the most enviable batting scenarios atm

Gets to slog and have some fun out there and return to a dressing room where he can shake his head at the rest of his teammates

cnerd123

likes this
Well played Steve. Still though is 300 ish enough?? I'm watching this series via my cellphone ie cricinfo updates. If anyone watching live can give me an idea of how the wicket is playing, I'd appreciate it.
roady mcroady road. 400 is par, 330ish should be enough given India's batting frailties and how good Aus's bowling is.

OverratedSanity

Who was that fielder that dived to save a four? Just let it go for 4 surely? 1 run is way less valuable than getting Smith off strike.

DriveClub

International Regular
Well played Steve. Still though is 300 ish enough?? I'm watching this series via my cellphone ie cricinfo updates. If anyone watching live can give me an idea of how the wicket is playing, I'd appreciate it.
It's a lot against this flaky Indian batting minus Kohli regardless of how the pitch plays. But it's slightly under par for the conditions tbh

Burgey

They'd want at a bare minimum 350. It's a disappointing total after being 2 fer 180 odd or whatever it was. There's still a bit of movement in it with a newish ball so shall see how Aus bowls with it. I expect they will still have a reasonable first innings lead even with what they have now tbh.

vcs

roady mcroady road. 400 is par, 330ish should be enough given India's batting frailties and how good Aus's bowling is.
I'd say it's about 55-45 Australia ahead ATM and every 20 or so runs puts them a couple further points ahead on the score.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Classic Jadeja this innings though, not bowling well enough to take wickets but the beneficiary of many a gift.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They'd want at a bare minimum 350. It's a disappointing total after being 2 fer 180 odd or whatever it was. There's still a bit of movement in it with a newish ball so shall see how Aus bowls with it. I expect they will still have a reasonable first innings lead even with what they have now tbh.
2-206, yeah. This is a good result for India after being 2-206. Assuming they get them for below 350.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not a bad score. But they had the opportunity to kill the game more or less by tea and they decidedly haven't done that.

Reactions: vcs