• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

cnerd123

likes this
I'm counting that as a 5-fer for Jaddu

WAFG. Legend.

338 - I'll take that. Aus probs still ahead but not as far ahead as 180/2 threatened.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top way to end a great knock. Disappointing from where they were bit think more than enough against this lot on a good day for bowling. Should lead by 100 plus here.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The forearm shots Smith plays are basically what the Australians had to pull out during Bodyline just to score right?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing Smith. If he had an ounce of self preservation he'd be averaging 80. Never seen someone throw his wicket away at the end of the innings so much

Slifer

International Captain
Smith's batting with the tail n tests is freakish. Wouldnt rule out 380-400 even now. He knows how to retain the strike.
That's why I respect this guy. Not only in this innings but like Lara, this guy bats with the tail to put as much runs on the board as he possibly can. He could easily remain not out and pad his stats (see Sir Shiv) but he doesn't.

cnerd123

likes this
How great is Jadeja. Broke the Smith/Labu partnership and got Wade to trigger the middle order collapse, stopped the tail wagging with the wickets of Cummins and Lyon, and then when Smith was looking dangerous ran him out with a brilliant direct hit.

Hope he scores another 50 in the 2nd innings too now. Legend.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That last ball was a glorious display of unselfishness from both Smith and Jadeja. Legends.
It was pure selfishness from Jadeja.

This is a high IQ take, but I genuinely believe that since run-outs are not recorded statistically, they are a waste of time as far as attempts at dismissal go. Basically you're costing a bowler a wicket and robbing them of a career potentially under certain circumstances.