• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

cnerd123

likes this
Oh FFS Pant.

This is too simplistic. Saha looked like a tailender with the bat, which we cant afford at all. Pant made a decent contribution in the previous test which Im not sure Saha would have been able to do.
Yea fair, but I always weigh keeping higher than batting for a keeper, and the whole package Saha brings is much more valuable than Pant. Catches win matches. The team that has dropped more catches has lost each Test. Pant has illustrated in these 10 minutes why he should not be given the gloves at Test level yet.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's one thing you say about this field Ashwin's bowling to. No Australian would ever employ it (for example when Lyon's bowling) because it's 'too negative'. I'm not even sure we'd know how to set such a field.

(I'm a big fan of 'negative', strangling field settings, though they certainly don't make the best watching.)

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is too simplistic. Saha looked like a tailender with the bat, which we cant afford at all. Pant made a decent contribution in the previous test which Im not sure Saha would have been able to do.
One good catch can save a team huge runs, and contributes far more than some 30 odd runs occasionally added. Yeah we would all love a Gilchrist in our team, but taking chances given turns 450 into 300 quickly.

cnerd123

likes this
The moment the series comes apart for India?
I mean we were kinda dicked the moment Umesh limped off injured. Already lost Kohli to paternity leave and Ishant and Shami to injury. No Dhawan as backup opener to cover for Agarwal and Shaw. We've got a debutant and two players in their 2nd test playing right now. Drawing the series from here would be an incredible feat.

Dropping 2 catches in 10 minutes after a strong start with the ball in batting friendly conditions does not help