• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

cnerd123

likes this
We've reached a point now where an XI of the injured players + rest could beat the actual XI

Sharma
Gill
Pujara
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Saini/Nattu/Thakur
Bumrah
Siraj

vs

Shaw
Agarwal
Kohli
Rahul
Random middle order bat
Saha
Pandya
Kuldeep
Ishant
Yadav
Shami
Is Dhawan completely done as a Test prospect? Would back him to score more than Shaw/Agarwal in current form.

As for middle order batsmen, that's actually quite interesting. The leading run scorers in the middle order (4 to 7) for India in the past 4 years that aren't already in the teams above are Karun Nair (54 runs in 4 innings), Parthiv Patel (40 runs in 3 innings) and Dinesh Karthik (25 runs in 5 innings) lol.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
India fans already making excuses for next 2 Tests saying that they've lost 5-6 of their first XI players.

In reality, you've lost 2 pace bowlers. Bumrah is still there so 2 of Ishant, Shami and Umesh would have played (no way would India play a 4 pace attack)

Kohli chose to skip the tour so he's not lost.

Pandya hasn't played Tests in 2 1/2 years so who says he would have played now over Vihari?

So 2 pace bowlers missing for next 2 Tests while Aus has just played 2 Tests without injured openers Warner and Pucovski. Seems like equal penalties
Man this post so bad its actually good to read..

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Realistically India have lost half their pace attack and their best batsman - Kohli. They do have better depth than most sides, particularly in the batting department but losing 3 first choice players is a huge loss to any side.
And two of their 2nd choice players as well - KL and Umesh - excluding Bhuvi already. They have to contend with third rate import Sharma and rookie pacers.
Don't mind Shaw as he was not test material anyway. But The Agarwal Regression will hurt them as well, although that isn't of course injury.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wonder if Australia will choose to bowl first if they win the toss? IN fact, either team, for that matter. If the rain is only forecast for the first 2 days, irrespective of the pitch, it might make more sense to use the overcast conditions? Though I think India will get more benefit from overcast conditions than Australia.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if Australia will choose to bowl first if they win the toss? IN fact, either team, for that matter. If the rain is only forecast for the first 2 days, irrespective of the pitch, it might make more sense to use the overcast conditions? Though I think India will get more benefit from overcast conditions than Australia.
The last forecast I checked doesn’t show any rain for the five days.

just low-mid 20s, some patchy cloud with a high chance of Covid-19

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
So much pressure on Saini and Siraj to perform in their first and second Test respectively. Best of luck to them!

Gob

International Coach
Nah Australia will definitely look to bat first and put India to the sword. Make 500-550 and india would be at the back foot for the rest of the game

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah Australia will definitely look to bat first and put India to the sword. Make 500-550 and india would be at the back foot for the rest of the game
To be fair, I will be more concerned about facing that Aussie attack on a fresh wicket. Much more likely that we will get rolled sub 100 by your bowling in the first inning than you guys making 500+ with your batting.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, I will be more concerned about facing that Aussie attack on a fresh wicket. Much more likely that we will get rolled sub 100 by your bowling in the first inning than you guys making 500+ with your batting.
There hasn’t been as much rain around the past few days, so provided the curator has been able to attend to the deck as per usual, it won’t offer too much for the bowlers at all really. You’ll know from your first look whether it’s going to do much. Unless it’s underdone and really green, it’ll play pretty flat like it always does

Gob

International Coach
Yes there is some truth in this. I'd rather watch Australia bowl than bat these days