• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's test. Should be good to see. Two terrible batting lineups and one and a half really good bowling attacks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. I dont seriously expect a "half of our first XI" India to dominate Australia either but I get the feeling this Aussie side, much like a couple of the posters here, have allowed the Indian side get to them somehow, even though the Indians have played in good spirits all along. I feel there is one more implosion around the corner for the Aussies.

sunilz

International Regular
May just be enough for india to avoid another ignominious defeat
Like 2018, 1985 ?
Aust just dropped the guard a bit after Adelaide I think. Heck its difficult to keep the guard on after 36 but it won't be the case going forward. Wait and watch
So you agree that Aus won Pune test in 2017 because we dropped our guard. And then couldn't win any of the last 3 test on that tour ?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Sucks that I'm watching BBL just in case they mention the Aussie XI

Everyone knows Warner and Pucovski will open with Wade replacing Head at 5, just name it already

Starfighter

Aust just dropped the guard a bit after Adelaide I think. Heck its difficult to keep the guard on after 36 but it won't be the case going forward. Wait and watch
Nah the batting was pretty damn iffy. I don't understand why it's so timid, yes bowling has been accurate, but the pull shot has been missing in particular. It's been very noticeable how much better the Indians have been at using the crease, especially against Lyon. I thought quite a few times Ashwin was getting away with borderline long hops.

The fielding is another matter though, there was definitely a loss of intensity there.

aussie tragic

International Captain
India fans already making excuses for next 2 Tests saying that they've lost 5-6 of their first XI players.

In reality, you've lost 2 pace bowlers. Bumrah is still there so 2 of Ishant, Shami and Umesh would have played (no way would India play a 4 pace attack)

Kohli chose to skip the tour so he's not lost.

Pandya hasn't played Tests in 2 1/2 years so who says he would have played now over Vihari?

So 2 pace bowlers missing for next 2 Tests while Aus has just played 2 Tests without injured openers Warner and Pucovski. Seems like equal penalties

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like 2018, 1985 ?

So you agree that Aus won Pune test in 2017 because we dropped our guard. And then couldn't win any of the last 3 test on that tour ?
The old sunilz “if you watched game X and think Y was the reason something happened, then I will force you to believe Y is the reason my team lost in game Z several years ago too, because I have the mind of a three year old.”

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India fans already making excuses for next 2 Tests saying that they've lost 5-6 of their first XI players.

In reality, you've lost 2 pace bowlers. Bumrah is still there so 2 of Ishant, Shami and Umesh would have played (no way would India play a 4 pace attack)

Pandya hasn't played Tests in 2 1/2 years so who says he would have played now over Vihari?

So 2 pace bowlers missing for next 2 Tests while Aus has just played 2 Tests without injured openers Warner and Pucovski.

Seems like equal penalties
:laugh: The mental gymnastics.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

So 2 pace bowlers missing for next 2 Tests while Aus has just played 2 Tests without injured openers Warner and Pucovski.

Seems like equal penalties
This is a bad take

stephen

Realistically India have lost half their pace attack and their best batsman - Kohli. They do have better depth than most sides, particularly in the batting department but losing 3 first choice players is a huge loss to any side.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I accept that, I just don't accept people saying they've lost 5 or 6 of their first XI. That was my point (overshot excluding Kohli)

Gob

International Coach
Like 2018, 1985 ?

No they lost that game because they couldn't play SOK straight balls