• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
, but mandating that bowlers don't bowl bouncers to each other? i just can't find a way to justify that
But that is the thing. The current law actually specifically states you can't do that. The discussion is around why it is impractical and how to then ensure the safety of the players given everyone seems to agree that the current law is really not something that can be enforced in a fair manner.

But to say anyone who brings up the subject is a weenie is where we lose the point and go back to a childish argument than an adult discussion.

Shady Slim

International Coach
But that is the thing. The current law actually specifically states you can't do that. The discussion is around why it is impractical and how to then ensure the safety of the players given everyone seems to agree that the current law is really not something that can be enforced in a fair manner.

But to say anyone who brings up the subject is a weenie is where we lose the point and go back to a childish argument than an adult discussion.
you're right that the subjectivity of the laws as they are to prevent dangerous bowling are a problem, and improvements in protective gear will hopefully herald more consistent safety outcomes for all involved (my bad, i totally came in and shot off a post without reading up the full discussion?

i think that overseas teams to australia's tail over the past couple of years have leaned too heavily into bowling short, but done so ineffectively, and have let our tail off the hook easily. consequently tbh i wish this discussion was one we didn't have to have because as i said on the prior page, i think you can get the tail out for a lot less by bowling at the stumps and not needing to win a faux macho dick measuring contest with the fast bowlers on the other team

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
you're right that the subjectivity of the laws as they are to prevent dangerous bowling are a problem, and improvements in protective gear will hopefully herald more consistent safety outcomes for all involved (my bad, i totally came in and shot off a post without reading up the full discussion?

i think that overseas teams to australia's tail over the past couple of years have leaned too heavily into bowling short, but done so ineffectively, and have let our tail off the hook easily. consequently tbh i wish this discussion was one we didn't have to have because as i said on the prior page, i think you can get the tail out for a lot less by bowling at the stumps and not needing to win a faux macho dick measuring contest with the fast bowlers on the other team
Yeah, short pitch bowling, if it is not a plan to take wickets or to slow down scoring rate, is useless. And honestly, getting out of the way of bouncers can be achieved with lesser training and practice than most other aspects of batting IMHO. So the more they do it, the longer they will end up bowling anyways.

To me, the safety of the players is paramount. It is bad enough we have lost however many lives we have so far. And the Chris Benoit example scares me to death about concussions and their effects.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And a couple of bowlers who can get the stumps to cartwheel to give him company. :ph34r:

Realistically, they are gonna play Shardul and it is gonna be awesome.

Gob

International Coach
Looks like

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschange
Smith
Wade
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

cnerd123

likes this
Oh daymn, Cricbuzz has just announced Saini is debuting, not Natranjan

Bit of pace, should bowl short fast spells as 5th bowler with clear plans. Can't let him just bowl without a mission, he'll get hammered.

Bumrah and Siraj with the new ball.

sunilz

International Regular
So Australia haven't named their 11 yet which means
1. They are nervous and still unsure about their 11
OR
2. Warner still isn't fully fit yet.