• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB: The teams have to stay in their rooms, this isn't what they agreed to and india should be able to go home.
Everyone: No, they have access to the hotel facilities and can mingle within them.
HB: No they can't.
Everyone: Quote CA, quote articles, quote relevant public health officials
HB: No it's not true. i won't believe it until I hear it from an official source.
Everyone: *Heavy sigh* requote official sources. Again
HB: Yeah, but...
Everyone:.....
HB: I wanna hear it from the officials
Everyone:.....
If it helps you deal with life... :laugh:

But again, in reality, no official sources confirmed that players would be allowed to mingle freely in the hotel until the latest article came out.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Something else that has gone under the radar, realistically shouldn't Rohit get the boot as VC for Ashwin since he was the pack leader of this group of men who desired the human right of succulent chinese meals? A decision that would be correct both punitively and in terms of accessing greater brain power in field settings.

It's a win-win, Rohit can spend more time thinking about important things in life. Like how quarantine has rendered him servile.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've read the posts. I've been very much ignoring the conspiracy (as attractive as it is) about India not wanting to play at Brisbane and simply noted your lack of understanding of the border and quarantine rules.

No idea why you needed to be so aggressive and accusatory about it either.
Lol, where was I aggressive or accusatory? I simply pointed out that if an agreement was reached on conditions before schedule was announced and if those conditions have changed, the other party has all the right to not accept to the new terms. And I did say that if the proper concerns were addressed, India should play. Which is what has happened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Something else that has gone under the radar, realistically shouldn't Rohit get the boot as VC for Ashwin since he was the pack leader of this group of men who desired the human right of succulent chinese meals? A decision that would be correct both punitively and in terms of accessing greater brain power in field settings.

It's a win-win, Rohit can spend more time thinking about important things in life. Like how quarantine has rendered him servile.
If Rohit is removed, as he should be really, then it would be Che who becomes vice captain. And he is the vice captain we need.

Spark

Global Moderator
Eh did they plead to play cricket? I am quite sure if they are asked to go back to India that they can't meet this 14 day quarantine they will be happy to.

But CA obviously need $$ and BCCI wants CA s vote at the high table.
I feel this is going to shock you, but professional cricketers are generally very interested in playing professional cricket games for their country and their principal motive is not going "lol suck it India #1 4eva" in lieu of playing games of cricket for their country. You, of course, are welcome to have different priorities.

The tour is going to continue. Four Test matches will be played, no one is going home. Asinine and childish threats either way about taking your ball and going home/going "follow the rules or **** off" are deeply unhelpful and are not going to happen because, presumably, the people involved are not in fact four-year-olds having tantrums.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I feel this is going to shock you, but professional cricketers are generally very interested in playing professional cricket games for their country and their principal motive is not going "lol suck it India #1 4eva" in lieu of playing games of cricket for their country. You, of course, are welcome to have different priorities.

The tour is going to continue. Four Test matches will be played, no one is going home. Asinine and childish threats either way about taking your ball and going home/going "follow the rules or **** off" are deeply unhelpful and are not going to happen because, presumably, the people involved are not in fact four-year-olds having tantrums.
It looks like the issue all along has been the room or floor quarantine and that is now sidestepped or removed with CA renting out the entire hotel, which I said they might do yesterday in one of my posts. So we can finally put the rest of the nonsense reports and "sources" behind us for now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
3rd test prediction

IND 910/1 Declared
Rohit 450 not out
Gill 360 ( Run out)
Extras 100

Lyon 0/501

AUS 1st innings
100/10
Cummins 23

Siraj 9/19

AUS 2nd innings
800/10
Warner 404
Smith 252

Ashwin 7/473

IND won by innings and 10 runs

If that actually happens, neither side will have any bowlers left to play the 4th test. :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
It looks like the issue all along has been the room or floor quarantine and that is now sidestepped or removed with CA renting out the entire hotel, which I said they might do yesterday in one of my posts. So we can finally put the rest of the nonsense reports and "sources" behind us for now.
Right, and this was always the most likely way this was going to conclude. The Indian tour manager and CA were going to sit down and negotiate in consultation with QLD Health and come to a reasonable solution that satisfied everyone's concerns.

social

So l live on the Goldie and many NRL & AFL teams stayed here during the worst of covid

I sympathise with the Indian players as there was no “real” bubble here

Teams might have been staying at Royal Pines or Sanctuary Cove but they didn’t comply and were seen everywhere

Difference is that Kohli etc posed for photos in a shop

Not even NRL rock apes did that

Queensland premier is popular for her stand on covid and won’t cop it

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And I think we should give kudos to CA for ensuring all concerns were addressed and taking the extra cost of the hotel now. I mean, obviously they benefit the most from this series happening, but it seems they have been more adult about it than the Queensland Govt and the Indian team "sources" whoever they were.

Starfighter

Lol, where was I aggressive or accusatory? I simply pointed out that if an agreement was reached on conditions before schedule was announced and if those conditions have changed, the other party has all the right to not accept to the new terms. And I did say that if the proper concerns were addressed, India should play. Which is what has happened.
It was not legislated that way 2 weeks ago, which is a simple fact that you refuse to see or accept coz it clouds your current jingoistic posting about the Indian team.
(literally incorrect too)
And it shows the posting by AT is jingoistic nonsense, unless you want me to use the ****ty Sydney ones?
But whatever interview one of the Queensland Government guys had given ( a minister, I think) it seems he is as stupid and jingoistic as a couple of the posters here. If you are gonna say that "**** off if you dont accept to our newly imposted draconian and stupid restrictions" then BCCI are well within their rights to just say "**** off" to the Queensland Government and CA.
Lol.. so mirrors all over Australia are the same level of ****ty.. :laugh:

go back and read the posts...
Etcetera.