• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
1. The bulk of these complaints seems to be coming from the playing group and the touring management rather than the BCCI directly. They'd have different goals and incentives. The board primarily wants to make money; Rahane and Shastri primarily want to win the series.

2. Even ignoring that, the BBCI doesn't always just get everything its way with these tour negotiations. Brisbane may have been a bit of a sticking point originally that they ceded on but now see an opportunity to renegotiate.

As I said, I don't mean this in a critical way at all. I think it's brilliant.
Nah, even if it is the players they cant do it without the blessing of the BCCI and the BCCI will have no case if these were the restrictions agreed upon at the beginning. There seems to be confusion on the type of quarantine the players will have to go through within the hotel. Some sources say they will be alllowed to move freely within the hotel but the main complaint of the Indian team seems to be that they will be forced to stay within their rooms except when going to the ground to actually play. If CA has indeed taken over the entire hotel and is allowing the players to move around and mingle within the hotel, then that should be it, really.

And none of it has anything to do with perception of Gabba being an unwinnable place. We won in Jo'burg FFS. Perth is far worse for us than The Gabba.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate, I am yet to see an official source actually quote that there will be no restrictions within the hotel and it stands to reason coz the primary issue raised by the team seems to be around being confined to a hotel room quarantine. If that is not the case, then the team should suck it up and play coz the conditions will be the same for both teams and they are getting as much independence as is possible in the scenario. But I don't think it is a done deal yet and hence, all these issues coming up.

If it is confirmed, I actually think the team would go ahead with the itinerary as scheduled. Or at least, I think they should and hope they would. But I dont think we are there yet.
Like, I literally quoted you comments from the Qld CHO who writes the health directives.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not hard to find an official source if you google the quotes themselves.
Yeah but "bubbles within the hotel" is not very clarifying, is it? Do they mean room quarantine or floor quarantine which the Indians seem to be objecting to? Or do they mean entire hotel is a bio-secure bubble and they can move around freely there?

Also, the other issue seems to be CA's insistence to hold the third test in Sydney coz apparently, if they play the 3rd test in Melbourne, then these restrictions won't apply to the players at Brisbane?

Burgey

Ross Cameron's kids are awesome. Fight me.
It wouldn't be due to any input from him if so. The bloke used to front his daughter's twice yearly open ballet classes and sit there not looking up from his morning paper, totally ignoring proceedings and the kids he was meant to be there watching. This was when he was the MP for Parramatta and around the time he was filling in some side strumpet while preaching family values to all and sundry.

Genuinely one of the top five most odious human beings I've ever met. His kids may well be good people, of course, assuming they aren't libertarians.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And it shows the posting by AT is jingoistic nonsense, unless you want me to use the ****ty Sydney ones?
No, it doesn't. AT is posting the facts as they stand. These aren't CA's self imposed guidelines, they're state laws (and it's also the state's decision as to whether allow crowds or not). Queensland is actually being lenient here, ordinary people don't get to do this, they can't come at all or aren't allowed to leave their quarantine room if they do.

The only person being nonsensically jingoistic is you, preventing you from seeing the situation as it actually stands.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It wouldn't be due to any input from him if so. The bloke used to front his daughter's twice yearly open ballet classes and sit there not looking up from his morning paper, totally ignoring proceedings and the kids he was meant to be there watching. This was when he was the MP for Parramatta and around the time he was filling in some side strumpet while preaching family values to all and sundry.

Genuinely one of the top five most odious human beings I've ever met.
The Chaser had a pretty good crack at him about that back in the day iirc. Brilliant stuff

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, it doesn't. AT is posting the facts as they stand. These aren't CA's self imposed guidelines, they're state laws (and it's also the state's decision as to whether allow crowds or not). Queensland is actually being lenient here, ordinary people don't get to do this, they can't come or aren't allowed to leave their quarantine room if they do.

The only person being nonsensically jingoistic is you, preventing you from seeing the situation as it actually stands.
Lol.. so mirrors all over Australia are the same level of shitty.. :laugh:

go back and read the posts...

And like cnerd pointed out, Queensland are not being lenient given the players have actually been in a bubble and consistently tested over past 3 or 4 months. They are just being stupid politicians like most politicians are.

Either way, the point is if the conditions agreed upon when schedule was announced are the same today and if they are not, irrespective of what anyone may think, BCCI has the right to not agree to the new conditions.

I dont think it will go to that level and if this hotel quarantine thing is clarified properly, I think the players will go ahead with the schedule. Or maybe they move the 3rd test out of Sydney, dunno if that is a possibility still but if that happens, then almost none of these other things will be an issue, right?

Burgey

HB: The teams have to stay in their rooms, this isn't what they agreed to and india should be able to go home.
Everyone: No, they have access to the hotel facilities and can mingle within them.
HB: No they can't.
Everyone: Quote CA, quote articles, quote relevant public health officials
HB: No it's not true. i won't believe it until I hear it from an official source.
Everyone: *Heavy sigh* requote official sources. Again
HB: Yeah, but...
Everyone:.....
HB: I wanna hear it from the officials
Everyone:.....

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe read the posts again and realize what people are actually saying instead of responding in the heat of the moment?
I've read the posts. I've been very much ignoring the conspiracy (as attractive as it is) about India not wanting to play at Brisbane and simply noted your lack of understanding of the border and quarantine rules.

No idea why you needed to be so aggressive and accusatory about it either.