• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think we can blame the boards here, they are trying their best to stage some cricket and irrespective of all the corporate and political BS, the boards at least the last year, have tried their best to ensure some cricket is played and money is salvaged for even the FC cricketers and umpires and others who may well have no other sources of income. So I dont think it is fair to blame either board at this juncture.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And it's also Australia's prerogative to tell India to piss off home if they refuse to follow legislated pandemic health rules.

They can and its also their prerogative to suffer the subsequent losses. And nothing was "legislated", which is the whole point here, that you are losing in your jingoism.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
And it's also Australia's prerogative to tell India to piss off home if they refuse to follow legislated pandemic health rules.
Absolutely agree. India will be happy to put a pause and go home.

I am from Melbourne and I thought that at the time.

The day the story came out, it had been pouring down the days before, and very cold as well.
Interesting, ****ing media never highlighted this at all. But then it's Aussie media.

cnerd123

likes this
no one is going home. The game will go ahead. All of this quarantine nonsense is just manufactured drama to get clicks on cricket websites because there isn't any actual drama happening.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
no one is going home. The game will go ahead. All of this quarantine nonsense is just manufactured drama to get clicks on cricket websites because there isn't any actual drama happening.
Hard to talk about cricket when the hone team is not doing well, so these create a good diversion.

cnerd123

likes this
CA instagram posted a vid of Warner and Pucovski batting in the nets.

Looks like Aus might go in with both of them opening and Wade down at 5. Would make their side a lot stronger tbh. India's bowling will need some new tactics for the openers, which is an additional challenge to having one of Nattu/Saini/Thakur as the 3rd quick.

Rohit Sharma is officially vc which fills me with dread. Hope they slot him in opening for Agarwal.

Spark

Global Moderator
I guess one reason I'm actually kind of overall sympathetic to the Indian team's argument here - even if I think the crowds angle is ****ing asinine - is because I think these border restrictions by QLD are silly. These outbreaks are well in hand by all available evidence, regardless of what water drop twitter claims.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CA instagram posted a vid of Warner and Pucovski batting in the nets.

Looks like Aus might go in with both of them opening and Wade down at 5. Would make their side a lot stronger tbh. India's bowling will need some new tactics for the openers, which is an additional challenge to having one of Nattu/Saini/Thakur as the 3rd quick.

Rohit Sharma is officially vc which fills me with dread. Hope they slot him in opening for Agarwal.
Pucovski will get pinged on the helmet by Bumrah probably and Harris will get subbed in, mark my words now.

Kraken

State Captain
They can and its also their prerogative to suffer the subsequent losses. And nothing was "legislated", which is the whole point here, that you are losing in your jingoism.
You're saying the BCCI are well within their rights to dispute and not abide by the "new" Queensland covid regulations, which on a holistic level I guess they are, even though this is a Global Pandemic and what is happening is purely dictated by new cases arising. So yours, and their feeling is to just play 2 games here in Sydney? Which I can understand, but by the same token, CA is under no obligation to accept those new changes and will want the tour to progress as originally scheduled. Who wins in this impasse? I mean, cricket is the one who loses really. And I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn out that way, with 2 games here in Sydney and no going to Brisbane at all, due to pressures from the BCCI, and that would be extremely disappointing to see the CA fall over like that. It'll never happen, but I feel like there should be an option where if India refuse to travel to Brisbane, it constitutes as a forfeit win to Aus. As I said, it won't happen, but I can't help but feel uneasy about the timings of their issues with Queensland lockdown restrictions (which honestly have barely changed)

sunilz

International Regular
Hard to talk about cricket when the hone team is not doing well, so these create a good diversion.
The series is at 1-1. We haven't won the series yet.
AUS may win next 2 test and series scoreline would be 3-1 AUS.

What is the forecast at Sydney? What is ths state of pitch ?