• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope, not allowed into Perth from Melbourne.
Nah they could have made arrangements like they have with Brisbane. Would have been awesome to harve some prime time test cricket

suspect it’ll end up being as programmed anyway. They’ve just bunged on this “concern” re quarantine to distract from the fact their players have shown they aren’t concerned at all about it

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is however the perfect opportunity to make a stand against the toxicity of the BCCI and the infused nationalism of the Indian Cricket Team and the hyperbolic fanatacism surrounding that side. They've gone unchecked for far too long, but our board should be brave enough to stand up to what is universally recognized as a completely disagreeable institution.

They burst our bubble, we'll burst theirs. There's no better equalizer that is morally justified than the eye-for-an-eye approach.

aussie tragic

International Captain
As a member of the Qld public, I am happy that people travelling from Melbourne hotspot or Sydney hotspot are temporarily not allowed in without 14 day quarantine. This is why Qld is basically Covid free.

Now people that will have just spent a week in both Melbourne and Sydney hotspots demand that they should be able to come to Brisbane without having to quarantine for the 14 hours per day they're not at the Gabba.

Piss off India cricket team, I'd rather keep Qld a Covid free state thanks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is however the perfect opportunity to make a stand against the toxicity of the BCCI and the infused nationalism of the Indian Cricket Team and the hyperbolic fanatacism surrounding that side. They've gone unchecked for far too long, but our board should be brave enough to stand up to what is universally recognized as a completely disagreeable institution.

They burst our bubble, we'll burst theirs. There's no better equalizer that is morally justified than the eye-for-an-eye approach.
Are you suggesting that on the next tour of India, Australian players should somehow risk infecting their squad then when caught say they don’t want to play in Chennai?

I can get on board with that tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
As a member of the Qld public, I am happy that people travelling from Melbourne hotspot or Sydney hotspot are temporarily not allowed in without 14 day quarantine. This is why Qld is basically Covid free.

Now people that will have just spent a week in both Melbourne and Sydney hotspots demand that they should be able to come to Brisbane without having to quarantine for the 14 hours per day they're not at the Gabba.

Piss off India cricket team, I'd rather keep Qld a Covid free state thanks.
weren't you saying literally yesterday that the QLD border restrictions were making it the laughing stock of the world...?

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Their position is that their blokes ****ed up in Melbourne, got caught and because of that they have the ****s and are threatening not to go to Brisbane, after everyone has busted their arses to keep the Sydney test going first.

Honestly, let them **** off home. The joint has bent over backwards to accommodate this tour, they’re getting paid big bucks when so many other people are out of work, they’re given exemptions to travel when so few others are and they can’t even abide by simple rules without wanting to **** up the itinerary? Let them go home.
For a moment I thought I was in Twitter.

Are Aussie players also kept in same bubble and subject to same restrictions- ie not meet with family and restricted to room service etc? If yes, then I completely agree that Rohit Sharma & Co. has ****ed up big time.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Haha yeah they are.
Ah ok, trust that idiot Sharma and his Mumbai cronies to conjure up a controversy out of nowhere then.

Also the whinge about playing QLD under revised conditions make no sense if same applies to Aus as well. Looks to me like soft pressure put on CA to go easy on Samosagate