• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it’s that much of an issue then they should realistically **** off home. They agreed to the itinerary and Qld has had the toughest quarantine here since it all kicked off, along with WA. They’ve made no complaint about it until their blokes ****ed up, and now they’re carrying on like spoilt toddlers.They can get in the bin.
Lol they‘re hardly carrying on, were just asked their opinion. It’s not like they’re demanding it or anything.

Burgey

Lol they‘re hardly carrying on, were just asked their opinion. It’s not like they’re demanding it or anything.
They are carrying on. The reports currently doing the rounds are their team management is saying they won’t go to Brisbane. If that’s the case they should just go home now.

and I’m saying that as someone who genuinely avoids going there at all costs

Daemon

They are carrying on. The reports currently doing the rounds are their team management is saying they won’t go to Brisbane. If that’s the case they should just go home now.

and I’m saying that as someone who genuinely avoids going there at all costs
Where are these reports that say they won’t go to Brisbane? I’ve only seen the one that has a ‘source’ saying they aren’t keen on going into yet another lockdown and would prefer to avoid it - like any sane human being would.

Burgey

Where are these reports that say they won’t go to Brisbane? I’ve only seen the one that has a ‘source’ saying they aren’t keen on going into yet another lockdown and would prefer to avoid it - like any sane human being would.
Am sitting here watching the ABC news channel report it.

Burgey

Also, wtf is with ordering chicken mushroom sausage fried rice? That’s the real crime here.

Shady Slim

International Coach
No mate, they’re conveying a preference not to play at the Gabba. Only the new monied trash of world sport would imagine their own preference would take precedence over the bio security protocols of the places they’re touring. What a pack of ****ing arseholes.
mate you can’t really begrudge people for wanting to dodge a trip to brisbane in favour of more time in sunny sydney

aussie tragic

International Captain
"Australia has not lost a Test match at the Gabba since 1988"

The real reason India don't want to go to Qld.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Their position is that their blokes ****ed up in Melbourne, got caught and because of that they have the ****s and are threatening not to go to Brisbane, after everyone has busted their arses to keep the Sydney test going first.

Honestly, let them **** off home. The joint has bent over backwards to accommodate this tour, they’re getting paid big bucks when so many other people are out of work, they’re given exemptions to travel when so few others are and they can’t even abide by simple rules without wanting to **** up the itinerary? Let them go home.
Hear Hear

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Speaking purely about the Brisbane thing (and not about yesterday's drama) - the cricketers as the people involved conveyed a preference to not go to QLD and be in hard lockdown if possible if there was an easier alternative of playing in Sydney, as people who have been in hard hotel room quarantine for months cumulatively and not having seen their families from before the IPL.

All they said was "We aren't keen on going to Brisbane if it means being stuck in the hotel again, except for going to the ground. Instead we don't mind being in some other city, playing both Test matches there to complete the series and returning home," which sounds incredibly mild and normal to me considering the circumstances. They're hardly throwing a tantrum there.

Regardless of how it goes, they have the right to have an opinion as the people actually affected and gave their thoughts. They are not in the army. They are human beings whose job happens to be playing a sport. Calm the **** down.
Don’t tell me to calm down, I’m as calm as anything.

They’re out here so they follow the protocols in place. 5 of them have just demonstrated they don’t care about the protocols, they’re dining indoors and hugging fans. Morons.

And spare the “they’re human beings” tripe as tho this is an oppressive ask. They’re overpaid athletes being asked to stay in a 5 star hotel and play a game of cricket. Just go there, do it, and go home.

the big bambino

International Captain
Considering at least one poster here is convinced that this stray remark may upset the balance of powers with China, wonder who Xi will side with here. India is in the middle of a major land dispute with China but on the other hand...
Whoa, calm down Jamal! Sorry if I hurt your feelings whenever that happened. Now: You were about to regale us with your knowledge about pandemic protocols, Dr. Fauci?

Burgey

Prawn dumplings get a big tick from me, obviously. Don’t mind the beef and veg in black bean. But not loving the fried rice choice tbh

Last edited: