• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Siraj didn't have the same rep as Thakur at all.

He had an excellent A team record, did decently in the IPL and was part of the best CWPL team.
Thakur has a very good red ball record. In fact, him and Siraj were considered similar in that they were made to play the most in their worst formats at the highest level and then judged based on that.

cnerd123

likes this
Thakur has a great FC record the same way Vinay Kumar has a great record right? Benefits from relatively bowler friendly conditions a lot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thakur has a great FC record the same way Vinay Kumar has a great record right? Benefits from relatively bowler friendly conditions a lot.
I dont think so. A lot of the pitches he bowled on, others did not get as many wickets. Vinay was doing well where Abhimanyu Mithun was also doing well. Plus I think Shardul had good spells for India A too. Not as stand out as Siraj but that is why Siraj was ahead in the pecking order. I think he will hold his own if he is played. Obviously, Nattu gives us a different line of attack which might be better for us, unless they really want someone to be able to hold a bat down at 9.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If the choice is Thakur v Saini I would probably lean Thakur. Both more than likely to bowl too short and get hit around but Thakur can at least give it a bit of a whack down the order.

Not seen enough of Natarajan to really be sure

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I feel Thakur is a modern Ajit Agarkar. And he might get wickets because his good balls are so rare that batsmen may just be lighter in defense against him and get out that way.

Flem274*

123/5
thakur bowls straight up and down medium paced long hops and averages 16 with the bat in fc cricket. at test level he's a #10. i hope they pick him, im unashamedly gunning for aus here because of the wtc. i need more heartbreak in my life.

aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi

Gob

International Coach
thakur bowls straight up and down medium paced long hops and averages 16 with the bat in fc cricket. at test level he's a #10. i hope they pick him, im unashamedly gunning for aus here because of the wtc. i need more heartbreak in my life.

aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi
Whatever meant to be yours will eventually find you even at the most unexpected time

Gob

International Coach
thakur is the welcome home present warner dreams of

if aussie collapse to him then....well i'll just laugh a lot tbh
The good thing about post JL Australia is that they don't collapse like a deck of cards anymore. They just slowly die instead