• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Shady Slim

International Coach
wrt lehmann i've voiced my issues over the culture he let take hold of the team before - the success of the team was undeniable but that was also at the height of the "demolish teams on bouncy roads, get blanked by sri lanka in sri lanka" era, in which a casual aussie cricket fan thought we were the best in the world but anyone who followed intl cricket knew that we weren't

easiest way to pick a casual aussie home summer guy from a proper cricket fan is to ask if they think dave warner is a good bat

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
WEll, what a ****ing **** hole of a day that was.

But while being bowled out for 36 is hilaribad, I have seen many many many teams get bowled out in a session. Australia have had a number of such innings and have been able to bounce back. Dunno what it is about modern cricket that makes them ripe for such lollapses.

I was more disappointed by what happened before and after the 36 all out. We had great fields yesterday and good plans to get batsmen out. But seemed like we just gave up even though 90 is a decent amount of runs, especially when you have just been bowled out for 36. I am not expecting to win but surely getting a side 5 or 6 down for 90 is doable, even without Shami. But we just went back to generic 3 slips, a gully and a short leg and aimless bowl ball after ball without any plans.

And what happened the first two days is what made it so much tougher for ourselves. Having been 180/3, not going on to make 350 and then dropping 4 chances and 2 half chances which could have well seen us bowl out Aus for 100 in their home conditions. With us doing better and winning those couple of key moments, we could have set Aus 250 to chase even with the 36 all out. We could well have lost even then, esp. with just 3 bowlers but it was stupid the way we fielded.

All is not lost though. I hope the hubris of Hazlewood is what entire Australian team feels right now, coz they are really not as good as they may think they are, today's amazing bowling spell notwithstanding. They may bowl better and go wicketless on another day if the edges beat the bat or few more go to no man's land. I hope the team can keep the faith. You don't become bad overnight. Hopefully we see Rahul, Jadeja and Pant come back next game for Saha, Shaw and Virat. I dont think we can win with just 4 bowlers without both Shami and Ishant. Ashwin taking 5/70 and consistently getting the better of guys like Wade, Labu, Green and Burns is a good sign. Hopefully this fires up instead of holding us down and a good series can be had.

It has been a hallmark of this side to play well for a number of sessions overseas in SENA conditions and then lose the game with bad cricket within a session. It has even haunted us in ODI cricket. I felt a number of the batsmen were mentally slightly less switched on today than they were on Day 1 and them being that split second later than they were on Day 1 made all the difference.

Of course, many congratulations to Australia and esp. Paine and Cummins, whom I think are the stars of the game for them. To come back from a tough day and bowl the kind of lengths they did showed some real fire had been passed to them overnight. Extremely well done and that was some spell of fast bowling to watch. In a way, you cant even say it was a shameful performance by India, the bowling was really that good and every bloody ball moved just enough to take the edge and everything went to hand. Amazing!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
wrt lehmann i've voiced my issues over the culture he let take hold of the team before - the success of the team was undeniable but that was also at the height of the "demolish teams on bouncy roads, get blanked by sri lanka in sri lanka" era, in which a casual aussie cricket fan thought we were the best in the world but anyone who followed intl cricket knew that we weren't

easiest way to pick a casual aussie home summer guy from a proper cricket fan is to ask if they think dave warner is a good bat
I think Dave Warner is great batsman, but I also think Mahela Jaywardene is so it's not because I only watch home Tests.

I'll just go sit by myself at the weirdos table tbh.

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree
Disagree with the already atg tag. He's only 30 odd tests in and has only played away in what half of the test nations. Great body of work thus far but still some ways to go to be mentioned in the same vein as Glenn. Just my humble opinion...
fair enough I have already ATG you don't but his clearly the best test bowler in the world right now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Funny side note: I was watching the game this morning and saw Pujara get out when my daughter woke up. And by the time she finished breakfast and I could switch on the TV again we were 31/8.

Losing hurts, but losing Shami hurts more. :(

Shady Slim

International Coach
WEll, what a ****ing **** hole of a day that was.

But while being bowled out for 36 is hilaribad, I have seen many many many teams get bowled out in a session. Australia have had a number of such innings and have been able to bounce back. Dunno what it is about modern cricket that makes them ripe for such lollapses.

I was more disappointed by what happened before and after the 36 all out. We had great fields yesterday and good plans to get batsmen out. But seemed like we just gave up even though 90 is a decent amount of runs, especially when you have just been bowled out for 36. I am not expecting to win but surely getting a side 5 or 6 down for 90 is doable, even without Shami. But we just went back to generic 3 slips, a gully and a short leg and aimless bowl ball after ball without any plans.

And what happened the first two days is what made it so much tougher for ourselves. Having been 180/3, not going on to make 350 and then dropping 4 chances and 2 half chances which could have well seen us bowl out Aus for 100 in their home conditions. With us doing better and winning those couple of key moments, we could have set Aus 250 to chase even with the 36 all out. We could well have lost even then, esp. with just 3 bowlers but it was stupid the way we fielded.

All is not lost though. I hope the hubris of Hazlewood is what entire Australian team feels right now, coz they are really not as good as they may think they are, today's amazing bowling spell notwithstanding. They may bowl better and go wicketless on another day if the edges beat the bat or few more go to no man's land. I hope the team can keep the faith. You don't become bad overnight. Hopefully we see Rahul, Jadeja and Pant come back next game for Saha, Shaw and Virat. I dont think we can win with just 4 bowlers without both Shami and Ishant. Ashwin taking 5/70 and consistently getting the better of guys like Wade, Labu, Green and Burns is a good sign. Hopefully this fires up instead of holding us down and a good series can be had.

It has been a hallmark of this side to play well for a number of sessions overseas in SENA conditions and then lose the game with bad cricket within a session. It has even haunted us in ODI cricket. I felt a number of the batsmen were mentally slightly less switched on today than they were on Day 1 and them being that split second later than they were on Day 1 made all the difference.

Of course, many congratulations to Australia and esp. Paine and Cummins, whom I think are the stars of the game for them. To come back from a tough day and bowl the kind of lengths they did showed some real fire had been passed to them overnight. Extremely well done and that was some spell of fast bowling to watch. In a way, you cant even say it was a shameful performance by India, the bowling was really that good and every bloody ball moved just enough to take the edge and everything went to hand. Amazing!!!
ok

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I agree fair enough I have already ATG you don't but his clearly the best test bowler in the world right now.
Yeah he's first and daylight second.

Having a full career ****ing Tim Southee is probably worth more to >50% of teams throughout history than having Cummins play for this long though so he's got some work to do.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't see this live, but watching back Pujara's dismissal is an odd one I find. It's a decent nut but he's just caught on the crease and squared up so easily. Looked really ordinary. Ball to get Rahane was an absolute ripper - great bowling

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Didn't see this live, but watching back Pujara's dismissal is an odd one I find. It's a decent nut but he's just caught on the crease and squared up so easily. Looked really ordinary. Ball to get Rahane was an absolute ripper - great bowling
I think all of our batsmen except Virat were done for by slightly lazy footwork. In fact, even lazy is a harsh word. But I think mentally, they relaxed a lot with a 50 run first innings lead and once one went, it just collapsed like it often can, tbh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought the opposite. It was a really good ball and Pujara couldn’t do much about it.

Rahane got a great nut too but was caught on the crease and playing ahead of his body. It wasn’t an unplayable delivery.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think every batsman of ours were a millisecond late on the ball than they were on day 1, except Virat. And of course, Virat fell to a good catch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thought the opposite. It was a really good ball and Pujara couldn’t do much about it.

Rahane got a great nut too but was caught on the crease and playing ahead of his body. It wasn’t an unplayable delivery.
I agree with you about the Rahane one, but the Pujara dismissal did seem weird to me. On first glance it almost looked as if he deliberately moved his bat from "gonna middle it" to "outside egde". Like the Hollywood setup for an outside edge.

In reality he probably just thought he was beaten and tried to withdraw, and failed, but it did look weird.

Spark

Global Moderator

i mean... he is, and the way aus started their innings yesterday is a good example of why. setting the tempo of the innings he does has significant knock-on benefits through the batting order.

Teja.

Global Moderator

I thought neither was strictly unplayable but thought it was expected to get out to that standard of consistent bowling right when you come in to bat.

Slifer

International Captain
I don't know how to be respectful about this. This is like the whole carcuss of India just rolled over and died, right in front of my very eyes. It must be horrible for the fans. Delusions of superiority ripped from their eyes in humiliating fashion. They will wake up tomorrow and it will still be true. Everytime they have a smug argument, in the future, '36' will shut it down. So, i know I am meant to empathise with our Indian fans, having experienced it in the past. But this performance is worse. Much worse. I offer my condolences in the least smug way I can muster..
?????????

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
to be fair to India today, England Also bowled out for 67 2019 Ashes and Also Australia 47 in 2011 it happens.