• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Labu is due a failure surely. Law of averages and all that. Smith obv a different story. Do have faith in Travis so long as he keeps his head.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe with a completely calmed, out of the moment mind, but in the moment at that speed it's really not plausible to have that much clarity. After all, the same muddled brain made him call for a **** run in the first place...can't expect that same error-prone brain to quickly realise he needed to sacrifice himself for the good of his country.
You're talking about a person who's job it is to make decisions over the course of a .2 second timeframe. These guys also spend hundreds of hours doing running drills to avoid this exact situation. As worthy of criticism as playing a bad shot imo.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
^Sure, if Brad Williams and Stuart MacGill are bowling in bright sunshine. This is a spongy wicket and a slow outfield. Turning sharply too (hope Ashwin makes a fifty tomorrow and goes in to bowl with some confidence). Could've lost fewer wickets, but 250 on the first day would be par regardless. Among the Australians, only Smith and Labuschagne are likely to show the level of application needed to stay in. We're in with a chance if we can eke out one of those two for not many or if they decide to reciprocate Rahane's brainfart.

Speaking of which, bad as Rahane selling Kohli down the river was, his hangdog demeanor afterwards was even more alarming from a captain-to-be pov. The ball that got him did not do that much but his head was gone by then.
Did we watch the same game yesterday? Lyon was struggling to get any spin or turn from the pitch consistently, was the overspin that made him a little threatening at points.

morgieb

For all the good cricket played it's the sort of wicket that's not great for both bowlers and batsmen.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This cannot realistically happen. Unless Australia get bowled out for under 100 and India set them close to 500 to win. In which case, Indian fans can look forward to at least two days of total domination.
Second of the fourth inning of the match

Burgey

Primarily I think because there's just so much more to do in Sydney of an evening than anywhere else in Australia. Whilst you may make it down to the ground on your way back from the beach or the shops, you would likely get distracted here by the array of world class dining, drinking and other recreational options. Whereas Adelaide is, well Adelaide. I mean, their answer to Bridge Climb is getting on the roof of a grandstand ffs.

Burgey

For all the good cricket played it's the sort of wicket that's not great for both bowlers and batsmen.
May quicken up a little days two and three. Ideally India will want to either get rolled asap or bat as long as possible up to tea so they get a newish ball under lights.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Lyon definitely got some turn
Of course lyon got a bit of turn here or there, there was a ball to rahane I think that pitched outside off and bounced over middle stump, but that occasional turn isn't enough to make you threatening in aus.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Primarily I think because there's just so much more to do in Sydney of an evening than anywhere else in Australia. Whilst you may make it down to the ground on your way back from the beach or the shops, you would likely get distracted here by the array of world class dining, drinking and other recreational options. Whereas Adelaide is, well Adelaide. I mean, their answer to Bridge Climb is getting on the roof of a grandstand ffs.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, I think overrate regulations are fine and a necessary evil but the commentators droning on and on about is awfully boring.