• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Only downside of Saha is that he is 36 and India wil need to move past him eventually.

Wonder how Lokesh would go keeping in Test cricket.
KL is a part time keeper at best. We will need a new test keeper in a year or two. Easier said than done. I remember before we found Mongia, there was a period where we went through a fair few average keepers.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are using one extreme and putting in another extreme to try and justify your point. No one is saying he is going to set the world on fire ffs.
It's not really an extreme though. A very good touring spinner averaging 45 in Aus is about par tbh

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not really an extreme though. A very good touring spinner averaging 45 in Aus is about par tbh
Dissing the player before the series has even started is kind of a low blow. And then saying he will not do that if he averages 22 etc is an extreme yes. Let him perform or not perform in the series then say what one feels. Constantly going on about his past record is kind of nuts.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wasn't a fan of Pujara not moving things along a bit in the second session. Apart from that, it's not as bad as it looks. I usually expect us to be 200 all out in the first dig of a test series abroad. We are obviously behind overall given its Adelaide but our bowlers are good. Let's hope we can take some quick wickets when Aussies come on to bat and put them under pressure.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dissing the player before the series has even started is kind of a low blow. And then saying he will not do that if he averages 22 etc is an extreme yes. Let him perform or not perform in the series then say what one feels. Constantly going on about his past record is kind of nuts.
Firstly, have you met Burgey? Secondly, going on about a past record is the opposite of nuts. It's usually a very good indicator.

Gob

International Coach
I haven't been keeping in touch with India cricket of late so apologise for my ignorance but what really stops them from selecting

Rohit
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pants/Saha
Hardik
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Ishant

Jadeja being the all rounder replacement for Hardik when they play at home ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rohit and Rahul not being proven in Tests as openers for one thing. Think the rest of your side is what we will play if everyone was fit and available.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think 250 odd for 4 would have been India's day. 230 odd for 6 is kinda even stevens for me. We won last time scoring 250 in the first dig. If we can make it to 300+, it will be game on for Australia, I think.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Last 3 wickets cost India dearly. Hope the tail doesn't throw it away tomorrow morning. Bat for as long as you can.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Not sure if the wicket will deteriorate much considering the extra grass cover holding it together. That probably nullifies any of India's advantage from batting first, so I think Australia are well ahead.