• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
only was able to watch portions of it with any attentiveness but seems a good day's cricket.

still deeply unconvinced that shaw will hack it as a test opener. that's really, really not a test opener's shot, sehwag comparisons or not.
Sehwag was just very attacking, but he had a clean conventional straight blade and bat swing. Shaw has a weird arc which needs fixing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
only was able to watch portions of it with any attentiveness but seems a good day's cricket.

still deeply unconvinced that shaw will hack it as a test opener. that's really, really not a test opener's shot, sehwag comparisons or not.
To me his technique - or at least his shot selection - has seriously deteriorated since his injury/ban double whammy that kept him out of cricket for a while.

cnerd123

likes this
Imagine Pant trying to negotiate that passage instead of Saha

Rahane absolutely sold Kohli down the river there. His call and he bailed on it. Good job future skip, you owe us tons of runs in the coming games, especially if we lose this.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Runs and wickets don't happen on past reputation dude. Else we don't need to play this test series. We can all snooze and wake up after 2 months.
well I look forward to him taking 20 plus wickets at 22 and doing what no visiting finger spinner has ever done here, including Murali

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
well I look forward to him taking 20 plus wickets at 22 and doing what no visiting finger spinner has ever done here, including Murali
You are using one extreme and putting in another extreme to try and justify your point. No one is saying he is going to set the world on fire ffs.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The scorecard probably reflects the events of the day despite the feeling that India were very lucky for much of the time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re Saha, he averages 42 in FC cricket and 30 in tests. As a reliable keeper, that's quite good value. Not sure why there is so much debate re Saha all the time. Let us have some other viable options, then we can debate.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm going into this series fully expecting an Australia whitewash victory. Today has not changed that belief as I think Australia can get a huge score on this pitch because Bumrah is out of form, I've never rated Umesh Yadav outside India, Ashwin is EXTREMELY hit and miss outside Asia in Test matches and Vihari is not good enough as a fifth bowler compared to someone like Cameron Green or Ben Stokes or even Hardik Pandya. However, I'm proud of the application shown by the Indian batsman. I'm not working today so watched much of the last 40 overs and think that India were dogged in their determination to not get rolled over in the sort of foreign conditions where historically, we have struggled.

cnerd123

likes this
Re Saha, he averages 42 in FC cricket and 30 in tests. As a reliable keeper, that's quite good value. Not sure why there is so much debate re Saha all the time. Let us have some other viable options, then we can debate.
Only downside of Saha is that he is 36 and India wil need to move past him eventually.

Wonder how Lokesh would go keeping in Test cricket.