• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neser looks pretty decent.

Haze, Cummins and him in an attack would be pretty samey, though I suppose if you want a one dimensional attack having it molded after Cummins is hardly the worst thing.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aus A doing great here considering India has maybe 7 of their first Test players.

Who needs Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon lol

Daemon

What a dismal performance. Pujara and Yadav get a free pass on their dismissals, the rest were completely avoidable.

Spikey

junk time wickets. he failed when it mattered. Ashwin cant even bat anymore

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think more than 4 or 5 of this lot will play the tests for India. Guessing its more for Australia too, given the openers, Green, Paine, Head and Pattinson all almost locks to play the first test?

DriveClub

International Regular
Who’ll be playing the 1st test for India from this side? Pujara, rahane, vihari, Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Saha?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Who’ll be playing the 1st test for India from this side? Pujara, rahane, vihari, Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Saha?
Pant will play over saha. He was supposed to play this game over him but had neck pains last minute and had to pull out.

Burgey

I dont think more than 4 or 5 of this lot will play the tests for India. Guessing its more for Australia too, given the openers, Green, Paine, Head and Pattinson all almost locks to play the first test?
Patto won’t play unless Starc or Haze are ruled out

trundler

Err, tour matches aren't very indicative of test match performance sometimes. Pakistan did well last time when they toured, as did England when they last visited the Caribbean.

Daemon

In order of likelihood

Pujara, Rahane
Yadav
Vihari
Saha
Ashwin
Gill
Shaw

More likely than not the last 3-4 don't start though.

DriveClub

International Regular
That's who I guessed with one of Shaw or Gill, we don't mind which one :)
From what I've seen so far Shaw is a walking wicket in tests. Will be funny seeing him bat if he plays. Gill seems ok although he's hardly batted this match

Edit - Kl Rahul and Agarwal are the default openers I think

DriveClub

International Regular
In order of likelihood

Pujara, Rahane
Yadav
Vihari
Saha
Ashwin
Gill
Shaw

More likely than not the last 3-4 don't start though.
I thought Vihari more likely than Saha unless India has any other middle order options in the squad. Hardik maybe