• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burns is more 30 year old bogan than hippie IMO.

Fair assessment though. I also hate Zampa and Stoinis for being hipsters. But also because they're **** at cricket; something they definitely have in common with Burns.
I said, hippie, not hipster. JFC man.

World's youngest fogey,. What's going on here ffs

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure, but the fact that Joe 'King of the Road' Burns has made this claim seemed particularly dumb to me, because his whole thing is "I scored runs on roads against **** attacks but my competition didn't".

The fact that it was Burns makes it so much dumber to me. If your whole thing is that you cash in roads, you should cash in on roads. If you don't do that, "the roads were too roady" just makes you seem like an asshat. To be fair, he is an asshat.
He's a good guy. I'll say this about him and I've said it before, but I think it underpins his whole problem.

I don't think he has that vicious competitive almost savant-like streak necessary for his job sometimes. He really doesn't come across as someone who treats cricket all that seriously, especially not to Smith or other contemporaries' levels. The only evidence I have for this is seeing him being interviewed and the fact that despite his technical issues and his perpetual fringe-like status for the past six years, his batting / technique has not changed in the slightest. The only change I can remember from him is that he's hitting slightly more PEPSI DLF maximums in the BBL.

Daemon

56.1 Umesh Yadav to Cameron Green. Back of a length, dropped, Played to silly mid on for 1 run.

who dropped this?

Daemon

Shaw's taking those Sehwag comparisons quite literally it seems. His hairline's nearly there too.