• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You just know PEWS hates Burns because he has a touch of hippie about him, and PEWS is the world's oldest youngish person.

aussie tragic

International Captain
With Green 61* at Tea, he now has 424 runs @ 84.80 this year and 1123 runs @ 80.21 since the start of last season. Given his bowling and fielding, why would you not pick him?

One of Head or Wade needs to make way (I'd keep Wade).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You just know PEWS hates Burns because he has a touch of hippie about him, and PEWS is the world's oldest youngish person.
Burns is more 30 year old bogan than hippie IMO.

Fair assessment though. I also hate Zampa and Stoinis for being hipsters. But also because they're **** at cricket; something they definitely have in common with Burns.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How good was watson when he was 22?
Scored lots runs and bowled rapid but never took wickets, and broke like a fine vase. So... not too dissimilar to Green in some ways.

Watson at that age was like the 6 million dollar man though; the most robotic cricketer you've ever seen. "Perfect" batting and bowling technique but had no real plans or movement with the ball and with the bat he didn't pick up length and he only had one gear. I loved him, but very different to Green who seems more of a cricketer than a natural athlete who happened to pick cricket.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean it was more the fact that it was Burns saying it than anything else that got me. Firstly because he's a **** ****. But secondly because the best defence of him (see: Morgieb post) is that he cashes in on the flat ones.

If it was Devon Smith, then okay, that might explain his weird career. But it wasn't.
Well man life can be full of ironies. Sometimes you go full mong when the pitches are flat and you think you can monster mash everything away.

The problem with Joe Burns is that he's finally too good to score runs on roads. It's something we should welcome and stimulate.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Have at" might just be Australian expression that hasn't taken off elsewhere, but I didn't think it was too obscure lol.
Haha I think most people know what it means even though it may not be commonly used. Just sounded very CA commentary-ish

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is the guy who sounds like he's had a brain aneurysm and constantly smokes Marlboro Reds on commentary?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well man life can be full of ironies. Sometimes you go full mong when the pitches are flat and you think you can monster mash everything away
Sure, but the fact that Joe 'King of the Road' Burns has made this claim seemed particularly dumb to me, because his whole thing is "I scored runs on roads against **** attacks but my competition didn't".

The fact that it was Burns makes it so much dumber to me. If your whole thing is that you cash in roads, you should cash in on roads. If you don't do that, "the roads were too roady" just makes you seem like an asshat. To be fair, he is an asshat.