• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like Iyer, I once predicted I was going to be kicked in the balls in 8th Grade. I knew what to do and how to pull a ju-jitsu move to prevent it. Unfortunately I didn't know ju-jitsu and as that boot slammed into my soft fleshy testicles, I felt pride in knowing that I knew how to play the situation.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

"In the second match, I was just like - look at the ball and react. It's very easy to do that, rather than think what the bowler is bowling. You can actually predict, once you are set, what the bowler is going to bowl, so I usually give myself time at the start and that's what I applied in the second match and it really worked out well."

I admire his self belief but he really was all at sea against the bouncers. Was just lucky Finch started bowling Zampa and Maxwell at him in tandem.
Probably not the brightest of ideas to pop up and say this when there's still a match to go.

Presumably Sabba plays today, and his bouncer is usually right on the money too.

Daemon

Probably not the brightest of ideas to pop up and say this when there's still a match to go.
I think he knows full well he’ll cop them regardless, so he may as well display some false bravado and convince himself he can do it.

Must be tough, hope he finds a way.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cameron Green get's a start bought on by an influx of courage by Hohns and co. having won the series and the gap caused by Warner's injury.
Starc out through a niggle what a load of BS though he deserved it.
I like Abbott's inclusion he is a good closer.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Warne questioned why Cummins should be allowed to rest from ODIs and T20s for Australia purely because he needs a break after playing IPL.

For once I agree with him, especially as Cummins took $3mil to play IPL rather than play for Australia ( should at least doc him some of his CA contract money for not showing up)

aussie tragic

International Captain
I miss the old days when Aussie captains kept the foot on the throat to do everything to win 3-0 rather than rest the vice captain and lead bowler

Probably stopped with Allan Border (or maybe Mark Taylor)

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah resting Cummins now is more CA saying that they think they need him more in the tests than these 4 LoI matches. Let's face it, he's not great in the white ball formats but he's essential in tests, particularly if Starc isn't going to show up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I miss the old days when Aussie captains kept the foot on the throat to do everything to win 3-0 rather than rest the vice captain

Probably stopped with Allan Border
It may rock you to your core but I reckon he would've been rested even if it was 1-1. Selectors don't really go all out to win JAMODI series anymore.

aussie tragic

International Captain
It may rock you to your core but I reckon he would've been rested even if it was 1-1. Selectors don't really go all out to win JAMODI series anymore.
But all ODI games now count towards seeding in the next World Cup (don't really care about him missing T20s)

TheJediBrah

I know both sides are experimenting and dgaf but seriously Henriques and Green batting 4 and 5 for the international ODI team? Especially with Wade on the bench it's an interesting call.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know both sides are experimenting and dgaf but seriously Henriques and Green batting 4 and 5 for the international ODI team? Especially with Wade on the bench it's an interesting call.
How much do you gain from Wade playing?

The best thing that could come of it would legitimately be Marnus getting more experience at the position he will actually be batting long term in this format.

I want to argue that maybe it'll help them win the game, and that is a major factor. But nah, it's 2020.