• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am still gonna go with my instincts here and say, for the first test, I will go with:

Mayank
Shaw/Rahul
Pujara
Virat (c)
Rahane (vc)
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant/Siraj
Shami
Bumrah

And once Virat leaves on his paternity leave, I will rather see Ashwin come in for him as the more aggressive option. Of course, we can have Rohit replace Vihari later in the series if he is not in form or not producing the runs.

If Rohit has no fitness issues, then I guess him and Mayank start as openers for us in the first test, but that seems unlikely as of now.
Yeah agreed on the first test.

Hard to decide for the rest because it depends on how fit Ishant actually is and how well Jadeja goes in the first one.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yall need to set some proper parameters for this
Warnerr averages 49.5 vs India in Australia and averages 36.03 vs them overall, middle of this is 42.7, round that up to 43, I'm willing to label a series average of under 43 as a "flop." That work for you @trundler ?

Daemon

Warnerr averages 49.5 vs India in Australia and averages 36.03 vs them overall, middle of this is 42.7, round that up to 43, I'm willing to label a series average of under 43 as a "flop." That work for you @trundler ?
But what if Ishant owns him instead of Bumrah or something

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
But what if Ishant owns him instead of Bumrah or something
Good point, I'll let trundler throw down an offer, not sure exactly how to quantify that objectively without using really broad brackets or relying in average vs bowler statistics, which are pretty unreliable and don't tell the whole story most of the time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH, irrespective of who owns Warner, if he averages less than 43, I would say it is a win for India. So maybe the bet can be simplified to those terms.

trundler

Good point, I'll let trundler throw down an offer, not sure exactly how to quantify that objectively without using really broad brackets or relying in average vs bowler statistics, which are pretty unreliable and don't tell the whole story most of the time.
Yeah, let's just say <43 is a win for me, yeah?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah agreed on the first test.

Hard to decide for the rest because it depends on how fit Ishant actually is and how well Jadeja goes in the first one.
Well, true but my gut feeling is that we will play 2 spinners for sure at Sydney but it should not be at the expense of the 3rd seamer. And Melbourne could well end up being a flat batting deck in which case we might need the 5th bowler more than the 6th batsman who may really not be able to contribute that much more than Jadeja/Ashwin anyways.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not a failure for him imo but I'd take that as an Indian going into the series
I hinted at this post but the **** averages 66 at home. India has a decidedly better than average attack, but you'd bite someone's hand off for 43 average across the series.

Whether this is a "failure" or not is a matter for cricket historians, not fans of this series.