• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Iyer is like a year younger though isn't he. I know Vihari looks 53 but he isn't that elderly.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both Bumrah and Vihari will be on their second tour of Australia without ever having played in India.

Meanwhile Jadeja will be on his third tour having played just the 2 Tests there.

Burgey

Both Bumrah and Vihari will be on their second tour of Australia without ever having played in India.

Meanwhile Jadeja will be on his third tour having played just the 2 Tests there.
barring gaps for war, this must be some sort of record for regular first teasers from anywhere?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
This will be the much belated making of Rohit Sharma at Test level. Also backing Shaw to make a few decent scores. He has worse technique than Sehwag, but like the great man, he should regularly get away to quick starts on the bouncier roads.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
But who will win?
Let's see how well we go in the first Test. Ideally, to have a realistic chance once Kohli goes back, we'll need to win the first Test without a major contribution from him. Pujara absolutely has to reprise his stonewalling act from last time, and then if a few others pull their weight around him, who knows? I'm just glad Bumrah (and Shami) made it through the IPL without hurting themselves and are nearly back to their best; I expect them to upset some of the more gung-ho predictions here.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Nah he’s shown quite a bit of ticker and doesn’t look out of place against good bowling at all. Hasn’t even had a chance to play a home Test yet.
Yep. Assuming we are playing 3 seamers and 1 spinner, if Rohit is fit, he should bat at 5, followed by Vihari at 6.

Shaw
Agarwal
Pujara
Rahane
Rohit
Vihari

KL's equipped to slot in at any of 1, 5, & 6 in case of lack of form/fitness.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am still gonna go with my instincts here and say, for the first test, I will go with:

Mayank
Shaw/Rahul
Pujara
Virat (c)
Rahane (vc)
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant/Siraj
Shami
Bumrah

And once Virat leaves on his paternity leave, I will rather see Ashwin come in for him as the more aggressive option. Of course, we can have Rohit replace Vihari later in the series if he is not in form or not producing the runs.

If Rohit has no fitness issues, then I guess him and Mayank start as openers for us in the first test, but that seems unlikely as of now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm open to both Jadeja and Ashwin playing too, but I doubt whoever's leading in Kohli's absence will have the necessary credit to back that decision.
Rahane makes solid calls as captain, really. And I think he has enough awareness and less of the ego that blinds Virat from such pragmatic choices. Expect Rahane to play Ashwin at least in Sydney, if not in Melbourne too.

Burgey

I don’t think the captaincy in Kohli’s absence is as big a deal now india has a good pace attack. Different story in the past when they were gutter trash, but these blokes are good enough that they should be able to execute plans without having their hand held.

trundler

Warner will **** himself. Che Pu and Labu will be meh. Hazelwood might step up though. Gut feel.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus will have a stinker, warner will top run score for aus and smth will average 40~ and have a forgettable series.