• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean yeah, Toombul, Valleys, UQ and maybe a couple of others have always formed the bulk of the Queensland side but these are inner suburbs where a lot of more regional players move to to try and better their cricketing careers. I mean look at Feldman, he is from North Queensland but played for Valleys. Arguably players like Andrew Godes have deserved more shots at first class cricket over the years but when I look over the century makers for the season, half of the guys the have played for Queensland at some point. Floros looks in good nick this season (for example) but I'm not sure I think he's better than any of the guys getting a run ahead of him.

These clubs have the best first grade coaching and are the premiere clubs so they will form the backbone of the Queensland side for years to come. That's not to say the other clubs are ignored, Street is from Sandgate-Redcliffe, Bryant is from the Gold Coast. I'm not sure that the Queensland selectors are doing a bad job to be honest.
I think only the indefatigable and genius Scott Walter can feel aggrieved to not be State contracted. Dude takes tons of wickets every year but hasn't had a crack in ages.

McDermott, Gannon and Walter for our 2021 attack I say, let's have a throwback squad and not just a throwback jersey.

stephen

I think only the indefatigable and genius Scott Walter can feel aggrieved to not be State contracted. Dude takes tons of wickets every year but hasn't had a crack in ages.

McDermott, Gannon and Walter for our 2021 attack I say, let's have a throwback squad and not just a throwback jersey.
Yeah I always wondered what happened to Walter. Took a pile of wickets at 20 and was never seen again.

Having said that, when Bartlett is sitting on the sidelines you know you depth in your fast bowling stocks.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crazy how far McDermott and Walter fell behind. McDermott looked a future Aussie player early doors whereas Walter looked like a long-term Shield player at least (ala Dawes). Especially when hacks like the Nazi and the chucker got games.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Scott Walter, now there's a blast from the past. Unlucky not to get more chances, especially considering he's still tearing things up in first grade

I liked how McDermott got back on the contract list, but it seems like he got injured again and hasn't really been seen since.

Not that either or them were massively quick themselves, but certainly far quicker than late career Feldman who wouldn't have been bowling any quicker than about 120ish

stephen

Crazy how far McDermott and Walter fell behind. McDermott looked a future Aussie player early doors whereas Walter looked like a long-term Shield player at least (ala Dawes). Especially when hacks like the Nazi and the chucker got games.
Who is the Nazi?

stephen

Luke Feldman's dad was the parliamentary leader of One Nation, and he himself was a cop pre-cricket, so I was being a bit of a smartarse about it.
Oh right I didn't realise the family thing. I knew he was a cop (he still is I think). He always seemed like a quietly spoken guy in the few interactions I had with him. I think he might have almost been a bit shy. Certainly seemed like a nice bloke tbf.

social

Scott Walter, now there's a blast from the past. Unlucky not to get more chances, especially considering he's still tearing things up in first grade

I liked how McDermott got back on the contract list, but it seems like he got injured again and hasn't really been seen since.

Not that either or them were massively quick themselves, but certainly far quicker than late career Feldman who wouldn't have been bowling any quicker than about 120ish
Walter took 9/15 a couple of weeks ago

McDermott actually gave the game up for a while

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Walter took 9/15 a couple of weeks ago

McDermott actually gave the game up for a while
Yeah I know, the piece cricket.com.au had on AMcDermott a little while back was excellent

It's a travesty that he can fall by the wayside and the truly farcical Gannon is still a thing

Last edited: