• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I was responding to a guy saying 4 straight innings victories was the record of all records - I assume he was referring to the 16 straight wins record which is usually held up as the Australian test team's best record. So I don't get what 2003 matches have to do with anything

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it was obvious CA was saying that this was the best of all the records that this Indian team has achieved recently, as it shows a level of dominance over 4 tests not achieved even by the greatest test teams of all time irrespective of conditions, opponents etc. I really don't see what is so wrong with that sentiment.

mr_mister

I think it was obvious CA was saying that this was the best of all the records that this Indian team has achieved recently, as it shows a level of dominance over 4 tests not achieved even by the greatest test teams of all time irrespective of conditions, opponents etc. I really don't see what is so wrong with that sentiment.
Oh okay well I don't think it was that obvious his post was referring to recent Indian history tbh. Anyway I wasn't trying to start a 3 front argument with my comment

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks HB. Your post elaborated mine quite clearly. MM, yes I didn't mean anything offensive. Just happy about what the current Indian team is doing.

sunilz

International Regular
So I was responding to a guy saying 4 straight innings victories was the record of all records - I assume he was referring to the 16 straight wins record which is usually held up as the Australian test team's best record. So I don't get what 2003 matches have to do with anything
Then he is clearly wrong . There was no need from your side to denigrate the record by stating that BAN team is barely of shield standard. Lots of statistical record would become meaningless if we start applying context to it .

mr_mister

Then he is clearly wrong . There was no need from your side to denigrate the record by stating that BAN team is barely of shield standard. Lots of statistical record would become meaningless if we start applying context to it .
Hyperbole to make a point. Chill out for once

ataraxia

International Coach
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
S Waugh
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Gillespie